19

Taehyung was laying in his bed at home, talking on the phone with officer Seokjin.

He was playing with the origami from Jungkook, meanwhile it was early outside, maybe around 8am.

"So Hudson didn't say anything?", he asked the other.

"No, he stayed quiet but we didn't expect anything else."

As Taehyung was about to ask something, he could hear some worried voices in the background. He couldn't understand what they said but he frowned. Soon, Jin spoke again.

"Taehyung, I must hang up. Prisoners have escaped including Jungkook."

What?! Jungkook has escaped?!

Taehyung stood up and couldn't believe his ears, but Jin ended the call already. 

Suddenly he became worried. What if Jungkook was indeed a serial killer and was on his way to kill Taehyung already? Or someone else? Was he going to leave the country?

"Jungkook... what are you doing?", Taehyung mumbled half angry, half worried, standing up to change his clothes.

Later at the office, Taehyung appeared with his usual suit, facing his boss, who was dressed with police clothes and a black, thick vest for bullets. Other men took their weapons and wore helmets, running around and yelling: just like in some criminal movie!

"You stay here, Taehyung. I don't want to have another dead man.", the lieutenant turned to the lawyer but before he could go, Taehyung stopped him.

"Why another?"

"The prisoners have killed two of the guards, that were some close friends of mine.", the man answered the other, running away already, leaving Taehyung speechless and helpless. 

And where did they go? Jungkook was not stupid, if he wanted to hide, he would find a way.

Taehyung entered Jimin's office, that was empty. He walked over to the desk, opened the shelf and saw a gun inside. He looked around, thinking what to do now.

The police men were at the prison after 30 minutes, stopping the people, that tried to escape. There was a huge fight between police and prisoners, but the police took over and kept most of the people. The lieutenant sent some cars to search in an area of 10 kilometers for the escaped. 

The lawyer was walking out of the police office when suddenly someone shoot directly next to his head. Scared, Taehyung shut his eyes and bent down, soon looking around panicked as he saw Hudson running away from a collapsed officer on the ground. He quickly ran over to the man, checking if he's alright.

"Are you okay? I'll call the ambulance.", Taehyung told the other, who was weakly moving his head, looking around. And he did so, he called 119 (emergency number in SK) and decided to run after Hudson (don't ask me why he does this...). 

The man stole one of the police cars in front of Taehyung's eyes as they both exited the building through the fire exit.

But Taehyung quickly reacted and looked at the number, remembering it. He saw Seokjin running over to him.

"Taehyung!", he called for the other but the lawyer shook his head and stepped away, ready to go somewhere. "Follow the car. The number was *****.", were his only words, before he ran back in the station.

Taehyung knew all police cars had a tracking device, that was detecting the location of the car (by the way, Jungkook knew this so that's why he didn't take a police car lmfao he's not stupid like this loser). The man stopped when he reached his office, seeing the carton with everything about Jungkook. He quickly pulled out everything and started scanning the pages for something important, like a location or place.

It took him a minute, two, five minutes, he started getting more angry that he didn't find anything. After around ten minutes, when he was about to give up, Taehyung found something.

Of course, how could he forget. 

He held up a paper, where the photo of the little girl was pinned on it with a clip, the one he showed Jungkook's foster mom: Jungkook's non biological sister. He had marked some keywords, that were in the text, one of them was ,what he looked for.

Not losing any more time, Taehyung made his way, everything coming together already. He couldn't believe, that the answer was actually so obvious and close and yet he always looked somewhere else. He could be wrong too, but all the scenarios from the past two weeks (almost two weeks) were speaking clearly about his theory.

The only thing he still was really unsure about was, if Jungkook really did all the other crimes. But he had to find out the truth already.