16

"That's Hudson."

"Oh shit..."

A chase began. The man in the suit ran to the right, where there were the stairs to the parking place, Jin after him.

"Hey! Police! Stop!", he yelled.

Meanwhile, Taehyung looked down at the smaller male, who gulped. He couldn't leave him. The lawyer had no idea what to do. But he decided to remain calm and stay with the other.

"Is this your manager? I see...", he quietly mumbled, scanning the other's facial expression. 

Taehyung hoped Jin would catch the other.

A minute later someone was pushed through the door. It was Hudson and after him, Jimin!

"Jimin!", Taehyung stood up from the desk surprised and saw Jin coming after the other police officer. 

Jimin pressed the man against the wall. "David Hudson you're arrested.". the man spoke, locking the handcuffs around Hudson's wrists. Jin took him and leaded him to the police car. 

"Yes I thought you'd need some reinforcement. I was also done with checking the cameras. You must see it yourself.", Jimin put his hands on his waist and nodded then over to the other.

"Who's he?"

The lawyer let out a deep breath and shook his head.

"We do not need him anymore. Let's go."

Back in the office, Jimin showed Taehyung and Rodgers the the camera recordings. The quality was not the best, but it showed a black cadillac, arriving around 11pm at one of the places and entering the building. Soon after, followed by a green opel corsa. Rodgers pointed at the Opel and Jimin paused the recording.

"This car was found in front of Hudson's appartment. It could be him."

"And who's using the Cadillac?", Taehyung asked.

"A rich businessman? Mafia member?", the Lieutenant suggested.

"So there was a delivery of weapons for some rich ass from Mexico and the leader of this operation is Hudson?"

"That's what we think."

"What about Jeon? Does he have an alibi this evening?"

Jimin looked up at Rodgers. "No, we didn't check yet."

Taehyung frowned. "Then what are you waiting for??? Jeon may not be even guilty."

Rodgers rubbed his forehead. "We are trying to catch Hudson."

The lawyer walked closer to him, looking in his eyes. "And I am trying to protect my client.", he told the other, before leaving. 

Jimin leaned back and crossed his arms. "He's right. We must see if he has an alibi. And someone has to talk to Hudson."

The man looked around, playing then with the pencils on the desk. "He would probably not say anything."

Taehyung went out on the balcony and lightened a cigarette. Very unusual for him, he almost never smoked. His eyes were glancing at all buildings and at the sun, that was going down.

Something didn't fit, and all of this confused him.

Jungkook said, he didn't agree to work with Hudson, or betrayed him, this lady there, that said he has raped her, the strange incident with Jungkook after the explosion, Jungkook's 'sister' and his foster parents...

The mother said, Jungkook's father has passed away a year ago.

Taehyung suddenly frowned as if he realized something. 

It was too suspicious. 

He made sure to inform himself where was the body of Jungkook's father and went there.

If there was an autopsy, then he may ask for the documents.

As he arrived in the hospital, he asked for patient under the name 'Won-Jin'. The nurse approached the male. "And you are...?"

"His...nephiew.", Taehyung quickly responded, quickly regretting it. The woman blinked but shook it off. "Identify yourself."

Taehyung sighed and brought out his ID card, showing it. She wrote it down and looked in her computer. "Wait a little bit until we identify you.", she said but was suddenly called. As she walked away, the lawyer looked around and quickly walked over to the morgue. 

As he walked in, the room was ice cold and had only one blue light. It was full of shelves, where were probably dead bodies. Kinda creepy.

Suddenly a man with glasses and a white west appeared. "Who are you?", he then asked. Taehyung skratched his head. "I am helping the police. You know Lieutenant Rodgers? He sent me."

The man kept being suspicious but turned his attention to the other. "And what can I do for you?"

The lawyer sighed. "I saw there was this patient Won-Jin, that passed away last year. I wanted to know the results from the autopsy."

The man walked over to a shelf and started looking through folders. He needed some time, until he took one and opened it. And Taehyung was freezing already and felt uncomfortable, knowing all around him are dead bodies. "Won Jin, 51 years old, married, died because he was shoot directly in the heart."

While the lawyer walked around a little to warm himself up and stop thinking where he was, he froze on his place.

He was killed?

"So he was shoot? Do you know who did it?", he asked.

The man put the folder back and turned around. "The weapon was not found but I cannot share this information with you."

Taehyung turned his head to the other and nodded with parted lips, raising his hand as a goodbye before leaving. As he walked by the nurse, he took his ID card but didn't even leave the woman say something. "I don't need it anymore, thank you.", he told the nurse while leaving.

Now he was one step forward.