22

The woman rushed over to the children room while fixing her hair.

"Jungkook? Are you ready? We are leaving!", she called for him. The boy walked out of the room, dressed already. As the woman saw him, she rolled her eyes and gasped annoyed, starting to fix the boys shirt.

"You will never learn. We must look good and clean, right?"

The boy frowned as he was dragged by the movements of the woman. "Who are we gonna meet?"

"We must see your father and his new girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Stop asking silly questions. Take your bag and get in the car.", the woman ordered in a harsh tone, before walking away, her high heels making noises.

Jungkook sighed and walked downstairs, grabbing his bag and getting outside. He opened the door of the car and sat in there, waiting for his mother.

Soon the woman walked out, having a slim, black dress on and her hair tied up. Jungkook had never seen her be dressed like that. She locked the door and walked to the drivers seat, getting in and starting the motor, before driving away.

Jungkook watched the scenery pass by from the window. He wondered what made his parents argue so much and his dad even disappear. One day he just didn't get home. The next day too. A week passed. Almost a month. Whenever he asked his mom, she would avoid the topic or tell him to stop ask too much. She would tell him: "Asking too much is dangerous."

Soon they stopped at the park. Jungkook got out and looked around. There was a lot of green and nature, some kids were playing round and other people were out on a walk with or without their dogs. 

"Come on!", the woman called the boy, who quickly followed her after she locked the car. As they walked on a lawn, he saw a familiar man walk in their direction.

It was his father. 

He waved excitedly, the man waving back at him. But... there was someone else.

A small girl with him. As the four met, Jungkook's eyes landed on the little girl, that held her dads hand and kept being close to him.

"Where is she?", Jungkook's mom spoke but the father shook his head.

"I'm sorry for lying to you, she couldn't come. But I wanted you to see my daughter... and I wanted us to clear things out."

"Oh yeah? That's why you brought her? To manipulate me and make me feel like a bitch?!", the woman's voice raised as if she was angry.

"Not in front of the children... please.", the man asked her, making her shut up. Jungkook looked at his dad who turned to both of them.

"You two, go and play over there, me and mom will clear out some things okay? Don't go too far away. Jeon, take care of her, understood?"

The male nodded.

"Good."

Both children walked together over to a bench.

"How old are you?", the boy asked the blonde girl.

"I'm three.", she answered in a slight pitch voice, avoiding most of the time Jungkook's eyes.

"I am ten. My name is Jungkook. And yours?"

"Amely."

Both kids sat on the bench, winging their legs. She was dressed in a red dress and had pink sandals on. She looked like Asian so she was not a foreign, Jungkook thought. He didn't exactly know who she was and why she was with his dad but he was not stupid. He had listened to some of their arguments. So he had an idea.

As he looked back he saw his foster parents obviously both of them discussing and frustrated, his mom with crossed arms and his father explaining something to her.

"Why are they fighting?", the girl asked, and Jungkook shrugged. He didn't really want to explain to her what he knew so far.

"They don't like each other really.", Jungkook frowned as he spoke.

"Yes. My mom has actually forbidden me to see you. But dad insisted."

The situation kind of became clear to Jungkook now. She was his sister if he could call her that, and he knew both of them were fighting because of her. Jungkook suddenly grabbed something from his bag and pulled out a ginger plushie cat. It had a piece of paper around his neck with the name 'Milo' on it.

"Take him. When we meet next time, you can give it to me back if you don't like it anymore."

The girl took the cat and approached it, smiling a little.

"Thanks."

The boy nodded, looking around as he leaned back.

"We can maybe protect each other with him!", the girl told the other as she turned her head to him. Jungkook smiled and nodded.

"Yes we can!"

"Amely! Let's go!", suddenly a man voice called her. The girl's smile disappeared and she waved a goodbye to Jungkook, before standing up from the bench, going with her father. And Jungkook saw his mother, that had obviously cried, sitting next to him on the bench and stare down on the ground. 

"Mom?"

"Don't call me that.", the woman quietly and emotionless told the kid, who just remained quiet.