17

Taehyung was left into the prison cell by a police officer. 

He was carrying a plastic bag with something inside and a little square box in his other hand. Jungkook, in his orange suit, was reading a book on his bed. When he saw Taehyung he immediately sat up and put the book away. 

"Unexpected visit I see?", Jungkook softly spoke. The police left him and Taehyung alone in the cell and the lawyer sat next to Jungkook on his bed. "Well I came by to tell you, happy birthday.", Taehyung handed the white carton box over to Jungkook, who took it carefully, a little confused.  

"What's this?", the prisoner asked a little insecure, opening the box slowly, revealing a small, round, chocolate and strawberry ice cream cake. As Jungkook saw the cake, the lawyer pulled out a small package and pushed few candles in it and even the other's name  as decoration. He lightened them up and Jungkook was mildly shocked and surprised, he even felt uncomfortable. 

"Before you say 'You didn't have to', I did because it's something normal. Only because you're in prison doesn't mean you're no human.", Taehyung spoke before Jungkook could even do so. Now the brunette smiled a little and chuckled nervously, before blowing the candles, being watched by Taehyung's big, round eyes.

"Did you wish yourself something?"

"Yes I did.", Jungkook shortly replied, putting the cake on the chair in front of him. He was given a small gift.

"That's also for you."

Jungkook took it and threw a short glance over to the lawyer, before slowly ripping off the red and white present paper. 

"The police doesn't let people really give something to the prisoners, but luckily there's my boss."

It was a little box and inside there was a red formula 1 car.

"I heard you collect Ferrari's and other exotic cars.", Taehyung approached the car.

"Thank you."

"No need to."

Taehyung grabbed something from his plastic bag and pulled out the little cat, that looked like Garfield. Once Jungkook saw it, he raised his brows and took it, his attention going on the cat.

"Milo... I thought I lost him."

The other tilted his head as he was looking at the brunette. "It was in your things. In the flat you've lived."

Jungkook frowned. "But... I lost him before this... How did he land here?"

The lawyer did not have an explanation to this mystery. 

Jungkook stared now at the wall, lowering his hands. "I didn't kill anyone, Taehyung.", the male quietly spoke.   

That was the moment, where Taehyung saw in Jungkook's face just a lonely and hurt child. Everyone had this inner child in himself, but Jungkook was young and from what he knew, he deserved a better childhood. 

The lawyer soon stood up and put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. Even he hardly believed, that Jungkook was capable of murdering someone.

After leaving the prison, Taehyung made his way to the office. When he entered, Jimin greeted him, holding some documents in his hand. "Morning. You may want to read this.", Taehyung grabbed the papers and while walking he asked Jimin: 

"Did Hudson say something?"

Jimin shook his head. "Nothing much. He only called his lawyer."

Taehyung shook his head and sat on his sofa there (since he's not a police officer he doesn't have his own office but Rodgers has given him a sofa), and started reading.

What he read honestly woke up his curiosity.

Jungkook's 'sister' called Amely has bought a ticket from Japan to South Korea two weeks ago. This means, she was actually all the time in Korea. Even more, she has used her credit card to buy a wig and other strange things from a parade store. It is said, that she knows Aikido but she left few months ago. Her last activity was at an ATM, where she had taken all 2,700000 Korean won (2000 USD) from her credit card. Suddenly something flashed through the lawyer's mind and he got up. "Jimin, can I see the video recordings of the ATM again?"

When they watched them again, Taehyung frowned. "Go back three days. Not many people use it."

As Jimin did so, they skipped some parts until Taehyung pointed. "Here!"

Jimin stopped skipping and saw a young girl with long brown hair, half Аsian, half Аmerican, looking around and indeed taking a big amount of money, before quickly leaving. 

"That's probably her. Put her for recognition.", he told Jimin and looked up as he heard his name being called. 

"Kim, I must talk to you."

It was his boss, standing on the door.

They went into his office, where both sat down. The lieutenant rubbed his head. "Why did you go alone to the morgue? You had no permission. If they cached you, I'd have taken all the responsibility."

Taehyung sighed. "I'm sorry, but I had to."

"No, you didn't have to. You're a lawyer and not a police officer. Know your place.", the other went on with a serious and harsh tone but before Taehyung could answer, Jimin walked in.

"Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting but we have results. The woman from the camera is Amely Lockhard."