Chapter 33 - Radio Silence & A kiss

Chapter 33 – Radio Silence & A kiss

A Couple of Hours Later

Caleb's P.O.V

I sat in the same spot on the floor of my son's nursery silently observing him and everything that happened around him, I could not believe that I had already lost three months of his precious life and was absent for whole of Hazel's pregnancy

I sat in the same spot on the floor of my son's nursery silently observing him and everything that happened around him, I could not believe that I had already lost three months of his precious life and was absent for whole of Hazel's pregnancy. My world had suddenly changed; my nuclear family was now Hazel, my son, and I. I felt like I was given a new chance at life; I was ready to give my son the love that my parents could not give me.

I was over the moon as I thought of all the time I would spend teaching him how to play all my favourite sports, how to ride a bicycle, how to trade on the stock market, and how to make his first million. My heart swelled with pride as I thought of how perfect he would be when he was all grown up, not only would Hazel and I love him, his great-grandfather and Hazel's mother would adore him too.

My son deserved the world and I was ready to give it to him.

Hours had flown by as I started planning my son's life; he would go to the best schools in the country, he would have the best nannies and tutors, he would travel the world as much as possible with me, he would be taught to be well mannered and would one day inherit Crofts Enterprises.

I didn't know I had been staring at my son in radio silence until I heard someone sit next to me and softly speak.

"I'm sorry I hid him from you." Hazel apologised.

"I didn't know I was pregnant until three months later, and was too scared to reach out." She continued.

"Please don't take him away from me." She pleaded, "When I left, I was so broken, tired and hurt. I thought you were better off without me." She confessed.

"Please say something!" She implored. "You've been quiet for a very long time now, I don't know what you're planning and I'm beginning to get scared."

"Look I know I really messed up, I wasn't the most understanding person when it came to you, and I know it was selfish to runaway like I did." She admitted, "So if you are angry please take it out on me and not my son." She continued begging.

I looked at the big teary eyes that were staring at me with absolute fear, and wanted to do nothing but draw Hazel next to me and wipe away her tears as I slowly kissed her. I however wasn't ready to make a fool of myself again, there was no way I was going to tell her that I wasn't angry and that she had given me the most valuable gift in the world.

"Grandfather is sick and wants to see you before.............." I instantly stopped myself from thinking the worst.

"He's sick?!" Hazel gasped, "What happened to him? He was always so strong."

"His health started deteriorating after you left." I stated coldly. "We leave London tomorrow, so make the necessary arrangements." I ordered masking how I truly felt about her being in my presence once more, and the way her scent made my heart skip many beats.

"Before I start packing, please tell me you don't plan on taking Caden away from me." She challenged.

"We'll find out soon enough." I angrily spat at her, I couldn't believe that she thought so lowly and crudely of me. I wondered if that was the reason she kept running to Ben Crawford, perhaps he had the ability to make her feel at ease and for some reason that irritated me.

I stormed out of the nursery feeling exasperated and started making my way towards the door; I pondered deeply on who I could have royally pissed off in my previous life to be a prisoner of love to someone like Hazel. I walked out of her flat and towards the elevators when I felt a hand grab me.

"I won't let you have him." Hazel barked at me.

"He's my son." She warned with emphasis on 'My'.

At that point, the most logical thing to have done was to ignore her and walk off or to have told her that she had no right to keep my son away from me, but something in my head snapped. I was tired of the continuous back and forth I had with Hazel. I wanted my family back and was ready to do anything to get what I desired. So I pinned Hazel against the nearest wall, looked her straight in the eye, and declared, "I won't let him have you either! You're mine! You were promised to me!"

Her beautiful hazel eyes widened in shock at my confession, "I'm taking you and my son back, and we are all going to be one big family." I carried on, "So stop acting like I am some sort of monster when the only thing I am guilty off is falling in love with you and not being able to get your crazy ass out of my mind."

"I ....I..." Were the only words she could utter before I pressed my lips against hers while continuing to pin her against the wall. As I kissed her, I could feel all my problems fading away, I loved the taste and the feel of her lips. Kissing her felt so right, it was so much better than the memories that hunted me for the last year. Hazel was my home, and my heart had known that for a long time.

I pulled away from the kiss to see a fully embarrassed Hazel; she must have been shocked that she enjoyed the kiss just as much as I did. I winked at her before entering the elevator and and when the door closed, I took out a photo I had taken earlier of Caden sleeping.

I Caleb Crofts was now a father.

__________Author's Notes___________

Sorry for the late updates guys,  I decided to release this chapter even though it isn't perfect yet.

I sincerely apologise for any spelling or grammatical errors.

If you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote ⭐⭐⭐ and comment.

My gift to you today is..............(Drum roll)

Caleb Crofts 😜😜😜

Caleb Crofts 😜😜😜

_________________________________