Chapter 37 - Why I can't say Go

Ben's P.O.V

As I remained seated in that hospital waiting room, a million and one thoughts crossed my minds as to how I got myself into this situation

As I remained seated in that hospital waiting room, a million and one thoughts crossed my minds as to how I got myself into this situation. I had loved Hazel for as long as I could remember but could never bring myself to crossing that line with her, if only I crossed that line sooner and told her how I felt, perhaps her grandfather would have cancelled the promise with Caleb's grandfather.

It was only my mother that understood why I loved Hazel so much, she came to me at a time my whole life was turned upside down and could not care less about my past, where I struggled to make friends she was always by my side encouraging me, apart from my mother she was the only person that could bring a smile to my face. It pained me that I messed our relationship up because of Cami, if only I could go back in time, if only I listened to her when she told me her concerns about Cami, if only I did not break her heart when she gave it to me.

If I could quantify how much I loved Hazel, it would be the value of all the money on earth and that wasn't even close enough to how I felt. I was not ready to let her go, I just couldn't let her go. I was ready to fight for her even if it meant using the dirtiest of tricks or selling my soul to the devil, so I was not surprised when those words came out of my mouth, words that meant that I could have Hazel and Caden if I gave Caleb's grandfather a kidney. As I looked up from my Rolex, my eyes landed on the woman I was fighting so hard to get horrified face. The whole room had gone silent as if they were all staring at a demon or maybe the reason for the silence on the Crofts side was they were considering the offer.

An angry Hazel soon stormed to my side, grabbed my hand, and pulled me into an empty room.

"Ben are you crazy? Why would you joke like that?!" She reprimanded.

"It's not a joke." I calmly replied, "I would give up all the limbs in my body just to be with you." I confessed.

I ran my fingers against her soft chubby cheeks, "I love you Hazel, I want to be with you, I feel like I am being brutally punished because of the whole Cami situation, I have loved you since we are kids and that is why.....that's just why I can't say go." I bared out my heart.

"Please marry me instead of Caleb, if you do, the promise between your grandfather and Caleb's grandfather would still be fulfilled, I promise to be a good father to Caden, our lives could go back to normal and as a plus, Caleb's grandfather will get a new kidney." I implored.

"Please choose me Hazel." I begged, "Please just choose me..."

I felt so small and pathetic as begged the woman I loved to love only me back, but I was ready to push my pride aside I wanted her so desperately that it was killing me inside, it had become so hard to breathe when I saw her standing next to Caleb, why couldn't she understand that we were meant to be?

"Ben.....look....I......I..." Before she could finish, I pulled her into a kiss and forced my tongue down her throat hoping she could feel the intensity of my love, hoping she could feel my passion for her and the pain I felt when she wasn't at my side, I kissed her with everything I had, but soon pulled back when I noticed my feelings weren't being returned.

My face soon fell in disappointment, "Why....Why must it be him?" I cried.

"I'm so sorry Ben, I didn't mean to cause you so much pain." She responded quietly, "I did love you, but somewhere between you breaking my heart and my marriage to Caleb, I fell out of love with you and in love with Caleb. I have been so indecisive for so long but now I know what I want, I want Caleb Crofts".

It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest, it felt like a thousand bullets were being fired at it, it felt like my whole world was being ripped apart. I was so angry that I squeezed my hands into a fist and punched the nearest wall.

"Why can't it be me Hazel?! Why does it have to be him?!" I howled.

"Ben I will always love you like a brother." She deadpanned "Please understand, please let me go."

"I don't want to." I bellowed, "I love you more than he will ever do".

"You heard my wife!" Another voice soon echoed proudly in the background.

"She does not love you anymore and I do not need your Kidney." Caleb beamed, "You may now see yourself out."

__________Author Notes___________

Our girl finally made her choice!!🤩🤩🤩🤩🥰

Sorry Ben!! 💔💔💔💔

If you like the Chapter don't forget to comment and give it a star ⭐⭐⭐⭐.

My gift to you all today is

Ben Crawford 😉________________________________

Ben Crawford 😉
________________________________