Chapter 12 - knives to my heart

Hazel's P.O.V

That Night I laid on my bed thinking about the mind blowing kiss I had with Ben, It was nothing short of spectacular; his lips aggressively yet passionately attacked mine, his hands roamed my body pulling me even closer to him, his soft lips caused me to feel electrifying sensations I had never felt before, I could smell his thousands of dollars perfume the whole time, and my heart was near explosion.

I looked at my phone waiting for Ben to text or call me, but he had done neither which wasn't at all like him. I had sent him a text message an hour earlier asking him to call me and he had not even replied to that. I began to feel frustrated but quickly shook the feeling away, after all this wasn't just any guy, it was Ben Crawford my longest standing friend, he wouldn't jeopardise our friendship I concluded in deep thought. "He must be busy with work." I quietly said to myself before drifting off into deep slumber.

A week had now passed since the kiss Ben and I shared, and he still hadn't contacted me. I had called him over a hundred times and left like a thousand messages, I was extremely worried about him and couldn't focus on my life at work. "Why would Ben do this to me?" I inwardly asked myself. By now I had concluded that the kiss was a mistake and Ben was scared to face me. Even if that was the case, I would have forgiven him and moved on, but the continuous silence was killing me, it was breaking my heart. I knew Ben was a player, but was this how he treated all his one night stands? I was a mess.

"Hazel, what's wrong?" My mom commented as she saw me not eating the roast she had prepared.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Hazel, don't do that! If this is about your arranged marriage to Caleb, I can tell Grandfather Crofts to call it off." She said worriedly. I had not even thought about Caleb in the last week, the last time I saw him was before that kiss with Ben and he had not made any effort in annoying me since then.

"This isn't about Caleb." I replied. "I'm just not hungry." I said exiting the dining table and running back to my room.

I tossed and turned all night long and did not manage to get a wink of sleep, the thought of Ben cutting me off from his life just like that made me feel sick. No matter how hard I thought about it, he was treating me no better than one of his random girls.

My alarm clock went off and I struggled to get off my bed, I took a long steaming shower to make me feel human again. As I dressed up that morning, I came to the conclusion that enough was enough. If Ben was going to treat me like this, I would storm into his office and demand for an explanation.

 By 8:30am on that Thursday morning, I had called in sick at work and had ordered an uber headed towards Crawford inc. I was tired of playing the wait game and decided to take matters into my own hands.

By 8:55 am I had arrived at my destination and as I gazed at the tall building in front of me, I felt overwhelmed, perhaps this was a bad idea I thought to myself. Ben had never taken me inside Crawford inc and I doubted I would even get through the first security point.

I was about to turn back when I saw Ben's Aston Martin race to a stop in front of the building. My heart leaped for joy until I saw Cami exit the passenger side of the vehicle and run towards Ben who had mirrored the same action and kissed him.

My heart dropped as I stood there watching in shock, I wished it was a nightmare and I wished that I would wake up any minute now, but deep inside my heart I knew it was real, Ben had simply played me. It took every ounce of strength in me to turn around, and just as I was about to leave, I heard Cami call out "Hazel! Is that you?"

I didn't want to turn back, I knew that if I did I would burst into tears, so I ignored her calls and started to walk in the opposite direction as fast as I could until a strong hand grabbed me and spun me around.

"I'm sorry Hazel" Ben said with pleading eyes.

"I fucking hate you!" I spat.

Ben ran his hands through his hair in frustration saying "She's pre-" Before he could finish, Cami stood by his side and waved a diamond ring at me, "We got engaged." she smirked while her eyes threw daggers at me. "I would really appreciate it if you kept your distance from my fiancée." She continued, and to top it all off she looked me dead in the eye and said "Please stop texting and calling my man like the desperate piece of shit you are."

Her words were like knives to my heart, my body began to tremble and I felt the tears flooding my eyes. With the little dignity I had left, I dashed into a taxi that had just dropped someone off and told the driver to take me home as fast as he could.

Half an hour later, I stormed into my house and shouted for my mom who came running down the stairs as soon as she heard me scream.

"Mija what's wrong?!" She questioned out of breath.

"I'll do it!" I declared with a face covered in tears.

"I'll marry Caleb Crofts!".

_________Authors Notes____________

I bet you guys did not see that coming .

Don't you just hate Cami? Do you think Ben handled the situation well?

If you enjoyed the chapter please make sure you vote⭐⭐⭐ and comment.

My gift to you all tody is 

Caleb Crofts (He is definitely packing 😉😉😉🤐)

___________________________________