Chapter 3

I was walking down the streets with my umbrella not coming to a stop until finally, I saw a huge tall figure running towards me.

Before it even reached me, I put my umbrella down and threw it at that person. I heard his chuckle. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Kim Mingyu."

"Myoui Mina."

I laughed and slapped his shoulder. He chuckled. He held the umbrella above us as I clung my arms on his.

"You told me you didn't like guys." He pouted while looking down at me.

I snorted.

"I don't. I treat you like this because you're my boy best friend." I said and rolled my eyes. He laughed.

We arrived shortly after and sat ourselves down. I ordered my usual drink, Americano as he ordered his.

While we waited, we talked. "It's been long." He said.

I made a face." It's just been a week Gyu." I said and smiled. "I know but it's like not knowing what you're doing for like a bajillion million years." He groaned.

I laughed as I held his hand. "At least we get weekly calls with each other right?"

He smiled at me. "Ofcourse." He said.

"There's our orders." He took them and placed mine infront of me. I took one small sip and hummed.

"Still not going to change that drink, huh?" He chuckled and took a sip from his.

"I mean, what's so good about yours anyways?" I teased. He widened his eyes and choked. I laughed.

"Yah! This drink is delicious. This is the best in their menu!" He defended. I smiled sheepishly.

"How about let me have a taste then you can have a taste of mine." I said.

He nodded and handed me his drink. I gave him mine as we exchanged challenging looks.

"On three, we chug it all down."

"Sure." I smirked.

"1..."

"2.."

"3."

I drank it all in one go and so did he. I slammed the glass down along with him. I smiled.

Then it hit me. I started gagging and choking on my own saliva. It tastes bad.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Mingyu doing the same. "What the fuck?" He said and laughed with me.

I must've gotten used to the taste of Americano that's why I couldn't handle this taste of him. I raised my hand as I paid for our orders.

After a while of talking we went outside. It was still pouring. He took the umbrella in hand and we started walking together.

"Where are we going now?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really know."

He hummed. I pulled out my phone. It was 5:23 pm.

I began to panic. I didn't want to go home and get a straight out scolding from Sana. Nor did I want to get assumed that I slept with my childhood best friend. Ew, disgusting.

"Gyu... can you take me home?" I asked and looked up at him. He looked down giving me a sly smile.

"Sure."

We arrived shortly after catching our breaths after we teased some dogs in the neighborhood.

I knocked on the door. "Sana!" I yelled. Nothing. Huh, the rain must be really loud then.

"Sana! Open up!" I yelled again.

But it was clear that nobody was here. I sighed and grabbed my keys before opening it.

The lights were out. And not a single creature was here.

'Maybe she's out with Tzuyu.' I thought. I invited Mingyu in as I went upstairs to change my clothes.

I was coming down the stairs when I smelled something. Like fresh pancakes.

"Gyu?" I called. I approached the small kitchen and there he was, wearing an apron and swaying his hips to an unknown melody to me.

I smiled.

He turned his head around as he turned the stove off. "Nana. You're there. Here's some food." He put the plate down and sat across me.

"Tastes good..." I hummed. He smiled.

"Thank you."

He took the apron off and put it down on the counter. "I'll be off now. I still have a lot of homework to do." He said.

I nodded my head. "Come again. Next time." I said.

He hummed and went to open the door. I glanced back. "Do you have an umbrella?" I asked.

He shook his head. "It's fine. Really. I'll make a run for it." He said.

I nodded my head and hid him a goodbye. I went to lock the door and wait for Sana till she gets home.