Chapter 21

Day 12

"I need to get out of my situation."

"Hell yeah you need to. I mean, why would you agree either ways?" Mina asked.

Mingyu sighed and looked away. "We're struggling. We're not rich like you people, Mina." He spat.

Mina rolled her eyes. "It's not called money. It's call hard work and blessing."

Mingyu scoffed. "I don't even love her."

"Yeah. No shit sherlock." Mina said and turned the other way.

"And besides. I have someone in mind." Mingyu breathed out. Mina looked at him teasingly.

"Oooh... is Mina hearing something she should be asking?"

"Shut up Mina."

"Oh come on. Tell me!" She said and slapped his shoulder.

Mingyu bit the inside of his cheek. Should he really confess to Mina? He shook his head.

"No. That's final." He said and stood up, walking away from her.

Mina sighed and slumped on her seat. "He's engaged, huh? I can't believe it." She said.

*ringing*

Incoming call from Chaeyoung

Call connected

"Chaeyoung, hey."

"Time's ticking Minari."

*chuckles* "Ofcourse. I'll see you there in a bit."

"Hurry up. My legs are hurting."

"Is that so? I'll get to it then."

"Bye. I love you."

"... I love you too."

Call disconnected

Mina breathed in and out. She squeaked silently. She got inside her car and drove to the said place where her and Chaeyoung will be eating.

__________

"Mina!" Chaeyoung said and waved her hand in air.

Mina smiled. She got out of the car and walked towards the girl. She linked her arms with her.

"Shall we?" She said. Chaeyoung blushed and nodded as she lowered her gaze.

They ate happily. Exchanging some stories and experiences. And finally the day ended with them looking down at the city.

They were on a high tower. "Mina.. this is beautiful." Chaeyoung said as she snuggled in Mina's neck. Getting comfortable.

"I brought you up here cause I heard that you loved lights. I'm glad you're enjoying it." Mina said as she caressed Chaeyoung's hair.

The night was silent. But they didn't feel awkward. They felt comfortable being engaged with the night's relaxing atmosphere. They felt comfortable in each other's arms.