Demon as a saving grace (Anti/Henrik) {Angst/Trigger warning}

!Trigger warning: Mention of (severe)selfharm and death of a minor!

Idea: Henrik loses a child patient and can't take it anymore. Anti is the only one home and aware of what's going on. Thank Alex for this one, it was originaly their idea; I just wrote it in english and changed the ship here. Now suffer with me!

Anti noticed that Henrik was home by their front door slaming shut. He looked up from his editing at the diner table and saw the doctor walking to the coffee machine like usually so he ignored him. He went back to it but noticed that the coffee machine didn't turn on. The demon took off his headphones and turned towards the kitchen again, "Hey! Are you ok? Did we run out?"

"Mind your ovn!" was the only response that he got before he heard footsteps walking up the stairs. Anti let him go, but he made a mental note to tell Chase about it. Henrik would have these days of anger a lot and they were best to be ignored to go away quicker.

Something in his gut told Anti to check on the doctor himself this time however. Chase wasn't going to be home till late so Anti decided to just go for it. The worst he'll get is a minor yelling, nothing he didn't already knew. He got up, put his headphones on the table and went upstairs. He knocked on Henriks door, "Doc are you ok? Just yes or no."

He didn't get a response which made his heart skip a beat. He slowly opened the door to find the room empty. Runing water in the bathroom made him come back to the reality. Anti sighed, "He came back from the hospital, he wouldn't just hang out. What am I, stupid?"

The feeling still lingered so he went to the batroom door and knocked again, "Is everything ok? You don't have to tell me what hapened, just that it's ok."

It took a minute for Henrik to answer, "I- Yes, it's fine. You have stuff to do anyvay. I'll be fine."

Anti could tell that the doctor was on verge of crying and sitting on the floor, blocking Anti from entering. That made the demon worried, "I would listen if you need me to. Can I come in?"

"NO! It's ok. Just... let me be here, alright?" Henrik sounded disstressed and Anti felt it too, "I would like to but, you sound even more out of it then usuall. Did something happened? You can tell me, I'll keep my mouth shut."

Anti didn't hear anything, which made him grab the knob, "I wouldn't be asking again, unlock NOW!"

The door rattled under Antis grip but it didn't gave out. Anti panicked and teleported into the room, sensing a life or death situation. The doctor was looking at a pill bottle still filled up. Anti knew that one, a persciption that he heard Henrik warning can be leathal if taken in bulk. Henrik was visibly shaking as Anti kneeled across from him, "Sorry for yelling, what are you doing with that?"

"You can figure that out, can't you?" the doctor tried to smile but started to cry again, "I knov hov pathetic I am, you don't need to tell me. Vhy having me here in the first place?"

Anti was stuned. This wasn't something he was prepared for, "You're not pathetic. I think that you are the most capeble person in this house; and in this house minimaly. We all need you here and the hospital does too. You can't be one hundred percent perfect all the time but you are doing your best and giving it your all. That makes you the opposite of pathetic."

"So it seems." Henrik added, but put the bottle down. That gave Anti the chance to take it and put it out of his reach, "We all know that is the case. You can't allways have luck on your side. That's fine, you need to see that. You're the best surgeon here but, even the best can't do miracles."

Doctor sighed, "I just vish that I could save him. He vas just five years old; vhole life in front of him. I couldn't do anything for him... Not that his parents cared."

"You tried for him. That's the best you could give him." Anti put his hand on the others shoulder, "His parents deserve jail time. You can't falt yourself on that, don't you dare. You are just a human, humans can't do everything. Did it make it better now?"

Henrik nodded, "A bit. It's not like I just sav a life of a kid end."

"I know but, there wasn't anything that could have been done. You tried and that's selfless of you but, that's the reality and we both know that." Anti smiled a little, "We can go and watch something if you promise me to never pick up that bottle. Does that sound like a deal?"

"Yes, I should shover anyvay." Henrik smiled weakly and Anti nodded, blushing a bit, "Yes, you do that. I'll leave you to that."

Henrik agreed, "That sounds apropriet. Thanks, I'm sorry."

"There is nothing to be sorry for. You can tell any one of us anything, you desserve help ok? If you need to, I'll talk to you or just sit in silence with you." the demon admited, "I should be the one to appologies for saying anything negative. I'm trying to act cool for my image and I didn't realize that it acually hurt you. I'm sorry, I'll never do it again. I promise. It's fine if you don't forgive me for it, you shouldn't."

Henrik thought about it for a about second, "I do forgive you. Even if you are a demon, it seems that you knov vhat you did vrong. As you said, humans make mistakes and... you are a human in my eyes."

Anti just stared, "After trying to kill all of you. You still think that I have humanity?"

"You have humanity vhen you vant to have it." Henrik explained with a laugh, "That's vhat humanity is. An understanding of other beings and you need to vant that. Sure in some cases that isn't posssible either but, in your case it is. I see it."

Next up?

...