Surprise!

It's been a day so some of you have already seen it by now, but this story has a new cover!

Another account offered to make it, and I love how it turned out!  I think the perspective angle is really visually interesting, and reflects how they're both a bit off-kilter

Another account offered to make it, and I love how it turned out!  I think the perspective angle is really visually interesting, and reflects how they're both a bit off-kilter.  Mare's positioning, combined with the perspective, makes it seem a bit like she's falling, and in trying to catch her, Maven's teetering over the edge.  And I like that it's ambiguous how much Mare's enjoying it, not wholly unaffected by desire but not as desperate as Maven, and that you could interpret the image as either reaching for the dagger, or pulling away from it.  It's a pretty simple design, but it's got a lot of layers and subtlety and interpretation and I should stop gushing already and go back to writing.

The primary artist was @Lovelylittlelies1021, and she was a joy to work with!  Very sweet, open to feedback, somehow managing to not be annoyed by my pickiness, etc.  I did the coloration myself for a bunch of convoluted reasons (most of them boring), but the sketch and base concept are hers.  Go check her out! :)