Chapter 31

The next day, they set off to the mansion. Clyde letting them go at her pace, nice and slow, while she thought about what she's gonna do when she sees her mom. Then she decided to just put it off until they got there, Izzie went to start a conversation to clear her mind.

"So, your dad, is he dead?"

Izzie's an idiot. Those words left her mouth before she realized it, and she instantly wanted to hit herself for it. Why'd she have to go for such a sore subject-

"No, he's in a mental institution. Just about all the children's families wanted him to go to prison for the rest of his life, but his lawyer managed to pull off insanity or something," Clyde replied coolly.

"Did, did you want him in prison?" Izzie asked tentatively.

"At first, yeah. Now, I don't really know," Clyde said, eyes looking down.

"What happened to those kids?"

"As far as I know, they all got really intense therapy. It was pretty traumatic, being kidnapped and then being essentially brainwashed," Clyde said, "a few times, I caught sight of them. But the sight of me triggered them badly, so, before any of their families could tell me to, I moved."

"How did you get in this, uh, Creepypasta business or whatever?"

"I'm very passionate about liberating kids from abusive situations, and Gale fueled that passion. I basically kill abusive people and bad people."

"Wait, so wouldn't you kill the murderers here then?"

"Maybe, at first I did try. But Slenderman prevented that."

"Would you try again if he wasn't here?"

"Hmm, no," at Izzie's confused look, he sighed. "It's hypocritical, but I've grown attached to them."

"Oh," Izzie looked down, then returned to the first subject. "Do you, visit your dad?"

"No," Clyde said firmly, jaw clenching. He didn't seem in the mood to talk anymore, so she went quiet.

It took a while until they could see the mansion. Izzie had been spacing out, switching between looking at the ground and looking around at the trees, wondering if those sudden movements were part of her imagination or not. Maybe she'd hallucinate in front of Clyde..

'It's been a while since you've seen Erica.'

Shut up.

She felt horribly empty as she looked at the mansion, dreading what was going to come next. It really was unfair to think how easier it seems to deal with Jeff when she can't even think about seeing her mother, let alone how to explain everything to her mother. How-

"You're back."

Izzie looked up, seeing the blue mask of EJ. "Oh, hey. Yeah, I'm back."

EJ stared down at her for a minute longer before letting out a huff. "Finally, then we can get on with our lives, or whatever counts as a life here."

Izzie picked up on the annoyed tone the older man had, and tensed, watching the man walk away. She didn't have that many interactions with the masked man in the first days she came here, so she didn't really know what to think about him. But she felt an unpleasantness settle in the pit of her stomach as she remembers that everyone here must've been on an essential manhunt for her, due to her mother.

She felt, again, really terrible.

Then, she thought about how weird that was in a normal perspective. Feeling bad for inconveniencing a serial killer...

Before she could have an inner existential crisis, Clyde brings her back with a firm hand on her shoulder. Then, when she finally focuses, she's suddenly disoriented as she's grabbed and tightly embraced, making her panic for a short moment before realizing that her mother is holding her tightly. So tightly, as though she might disappear again if she loosens up just a bit.

"M- mom," Izzie says, a little strained.

Her mother doesn't reply with words, a simple sob of sheer relief escapes her. The unpleasantness intensifies in her stomach intensified.

But, a feeling of relief forms too, feeling completely safe in her mother's arms, even though she feels like she's going to be suffocated. Instead, it feels like the best kind of relief.

And no thoughts of self-loathing even makes itself known, like her mother's hold is protecting her even from those.

Oh God, how Izzie missed her mother!

"I- I'm so s-s-sorry, mom!" Izzie sobs, thick tears dampening her mother's clothes as she presses her face against her chest, finally returning the embrace.

Her mother's crying worsens, and they hold each other tighter, close to falling to the floor while clutching each other.

"Great, she's back, now can we move on?" Izzie heard LJ distantly mutter.

"Maybe let's move this to your room, Janie?" Clyde asked, making them come to a stop.

"R- right," her mother finally says, and Izzie's heart lurches at the sound of her voice.

"We do need to have a talk, Izzie."

—————————

Holyyyy fffffrricccck, haven't touched these fics in so long, and I'm sorry!

Had the worst case in writer's block for this fandom, specifically because I almost lost the need to finish because of the fact I was stuck between writing in this way and wanting to do more research and write in a more horror way, excluding the nightmares I give my characters, but wanting to write horror for the Creepypasta characters.

I mean, when I first started writing fanfiction for Creepypasta, the only knowledge I knew was from other people's fanfiction, and that would explain why I write them a bit more carefree than the way-better fanfics I see from others.

But, I still wanna try finish this story, I still have an epilogue I want to write, though I think I might give up on the other ones...

Also, I dread the upcoming talk, because, as I said to someone before, I had no trouble writing the confrontation between Izzie and Jeff, which was easy because it had a lot of anger, and I had a lot of pent up anger and frustration because of a lot of things in my life.

And I don't really have the experience of actually talking things out, because I can't remember just talking, well without breaking out in tears and then feeling uncomfortable crying.

But that's that, enough of my problems, sorry. Dunno when you can expect the next chapter. Sorry, :')

Vote and Comment!