Chapter 13

Izzie exhaled shakily, feeling way too hot under the heavy covers of her mother's bed. She kicked them off and moved onto another position, feeling too sleepy.

She slapped her cheek, not wanting to go to bed. They would just appear again, trying to trick her to stay with them, to never-

"Iz, I know you don't want to, but you need rest." Her Mom said, walking in with tea and some bland oatmeal.

"I don't want to sleep, I'll get nightmares." Izzie said, taking the oatmeal.

"Ok, but I still want you to." She said. "The more you get, the faster you'll get better."

Izzie nodded, lying back down and sighed. She ate her oatmeal in silence, not wanting any of the tea, which she knew was the type to help sleep faster.

Her mother left, and the silence that followed was both quickly delight and unbearable.

The first, because no one would be asking questions and expressing concern and growing suspicion. And the other because she really hated the suffocating nothingness; No sound, no movement, and just over thinking.

She sighed, looking at the teacup and debating if it would be worth it to drink it. 50 percent chance of passing the time and 50 percent chance of them trying to persistently coax her over.

Looks like she'll be dealing with the silence.

Or not as someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." She said reluctantly. Hopefully it's someone who doesn't ask too many questions.

"Hey." Ben said, grinning and holding two controls. "Wanna play Minecraft?"

... Crap, he knows I don't want to sleep. She thought to herself as she nodded.

"Great, hurry up. I have two bean bag chairs calling out names." He said, chuckling and turning.

And so, she found herself finishing up a house that she'd seen online and trying to fend off the creepers that decided to camp outside from her unfinished roof.

"Want any help?" Ben asked, his character appearing from the forest.

"Nah. Don't want any." She said, trying to be aloof.

"Ya sure? You've had a few complications already."

"I'm fine." She said, nearly growling it out as she killed another.

"Look, I said I'm sorry."

"And sorry's always fix everything, like in a cartoon." She spat out, losing her patience on the game and jumping down, losing half a heart, and whipping out her sword. "Whether you participated in a prank-gone-wrong or admitting our friendship is easily dissmissible."

She exhaled heavily and finished the last, only having had a small destruction on her doorstep. Her hands were shaking and so were her shoulders. She refused to look at Ben and went to fix her entrance.

"Ok, I'm terrible." Ben said, admittedly. "I gave in too easily and I'm treating this as something easily forgivable."

"Right." She agreed, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"And I won't do it again, or I'll give you my 21 diamonds and my best sword." He said. "I'll even die for you as we fight the Ended Dragon."

Okay, that's a bit unexpected. Izzie snorted, grinning and looking at his serious red eyes.

"Alright, but mess up again and I'll destroy your mansion and hide your games." She said, playfully punching his arm. Okay, that was a little cliche forgiveness.

"Got it, I swear on my shiny Eevee." He said, doing a little salute.

"Ok, stop with the game stuff." She said, rolling her eyes. "Its getting a little annoying."

"Yeah, I probably sound like how fangirls portray me." Ben said, laughing.

"I should search you guys up once in a while."

"No, don't. It'll scar you."

They both laughed and Izzie was glad this was over.

She even forgot about the voices that want her to kill herself.

_______________

And I've updated! Yay!

It's been a while. How are your summers going so far? Mine's feeling pretty much like a long long weekend.

Hopefully, I can update a little faster this time. I wouldn't get hopes up though.

Vote and Comment!