Chapter 23

This is how Clyde looks :). Remember his hair is dyed and is wearing contacts. what do you guys think? Enjoy the chapter!

————————

Izzie was staying in Clyde's room, the man saying he was gonna spend the rest of the day with the kids when she protested. He had a neat room, though Gale had commented that the original state of the room irritated some of the kids to them point of cleaning it, while Clyde muttered about not gonna be able to find where his stuff would be.

There were posters of some popular books on the sky blue walls, along with cute drawings of what she's assuming is Clyde, and a small bookshelf that held handmade toys and a framed picture of Clyde, along with someone whose face was scratched out (not creepy at all). The bed had gray sheets and a small pillow.

She debated sleeping to pass time but crossed it out (no way in hell), instead picking out a few books to distract her. She felt herself get really into it, smiling as she heard children laughing down the halls (at the same time a little annoyed because she is reading). This was relaxing, this was fine.

She was fine. At the moment.

Izzie didn't really hear the door open, but she heard a curse as something was knocked down. She looked up from her book and frowned. She wanted to ask Clyde what was he doing in here, but then remembered this is his room. So she tried ignoring him.

"Where is it? Come on."

"It better not be trashed, I swear to God..."

"I'm gonna kill them if it was thrown away."

"Next time, I'm gonna leave notes."

"Oh my God, where is it?"

But Clyde's constant mumbling started to get at her. So she decided to be petty.

"Whatcha looking for, Narcissus?" She asked, smiling sweetly.

"I am not a narcissist, I don't know where you got that from." Clyde muttered back.

"Maybe you're looking for your ego?"

"No, I'm looking for the f*ck I supposed to give for this conversation."

"Wow, I wonder why these kids like you at all."

"Because I saved them from- you know what," Clyde snarled, looking down at her menacingly. "I'm starting to rethink this whole break thing, I'm gonna go give your mother a call."

"Wait, you saved them?" Izzie asked. "From who?"

Clyde stared at her with narrowed eyes. Then gave a smile. "Aw, wanna know my whole tragic backstory? That's so sweet. Is this a way of trying to stop my threat?"

Izzie frowned. "No, why did these kids need saving?"

Clyde dropped his smile, instead adopting a contemplating look, while rubbing his chin. Then he shrugged. "Fine, but lemme get the mood set."

He went to close the curtain, making the room a little dim. Then he sat down. "First, I need to tell you something that no one else knows about, can you keep a secret?" He asked in a serious tone.

Izzie nodded, her suspicion growing.

"Ok, first of all, I'm not actually gay."

"...what?"

"I know, i sit on a throne of lies. It all started in high school, where every teenage killer starts, and these kids had made up a rumor of me being gay. But it all backfired, because in my school gay is actually really ok, and all these kids were congratulating me on coming out of the closet." He let out a shuddering breath.

What?

"And I was overwhelmed, as I was a big loser, but the attention was great. I thrived, teachers were being nice and I was getting random presents in my locker. But then, there was a guy," he paused to let out a sharp breath, scowling. "Who wanted to get 'in my pants.' And I really am not gay, I'll have you know.

"And he was getting aggressive, so I stabbed him. And some kids saw me, so I quickly tried to kill them too. Then somehow, it all got out, everyone knew I wasn't gay and I was a murderer. So they. All. Had. To. Die." He gave an evil smile, making Izzie more and more confused.

What the f*ck?

"And now, some of those kids had little children, so I brought them all here for my good friend Gale to raise, as he is infertile and desperately wanted kids." He got up and sat next to her, giving off a very serious aura. "And now, that you know my backstory, you must never let it get out, that I am not gay. It is my image and and if it gets out, I know who to kill first."

There was a long moment of silence, where Izzie sat there with a confused and vaguely concerned for her life(?) expression.

Then she flinched violently when Clyde burst out laughing, face consumed with mirth and giddy. He held his stomach as he wheezed and pointed at her still confused face.

What the actual f*ck?

"Oh, oh my god, this is so hilarious! It's so bad I can't breath!" Clyde cackled, falling on his back. "I'm s so a ashamed all th that came out of my mouth!"

"What the f*ck?" Izzie breathed, scooting away from he hysterical man.

"Oh f*ck, it it's such a c cringy made up b backstory." Clyde let out a giggle, finally (probably) done. Then burst into another giggling fit.

Izzie felt utter embarrassment and anger, but instead of lashing out, she attempted to get all the bad stuff out in the form of an angry huff and return to her book.

"But Iz, lemme tell you." she turned to glare at the man, but faltered at the most serious, almost scary, expression, in comparison to the look of giddiness and mirth before. "Don't ask questions to answers you won't like."

With that, the man left, leaving Izzie with a confused feeling in her stomach.

But she went back to reading, trying to brush it off. But she was not surprised when the man came back to find whatever it was he was trying to find earlier.