「Chapter 9 」

Hoseok walked into the flower shop, sighing as he threw his backpack in one of the chairs.

He went behind the counter, putting on one of the aprons. "Nana, I'm back!"

There was no response, making him furrow his eyebrows. "Nana?" He called, still no response.

He sighed, going in the back to find no sight of his grandmother. "That's stange, she doesn't usually go out.." he mumbled to himself.

He shrugged, grabbing some flowers and making a pretty bouquet to display in the vase by the cash register.

Suddenly the bell on the top of the door rang, Hoseok looking up to meet eyes with a tall handsome man.

"Hello sir welcome to- ...Namjoon." Hoseok said the last bit of the sentence under his breath, his eyes widening.

Namjoon waved, his dimples showing as he smiled. "Hey Hoseok! It's nice to see you. I actually came here to get flowers for my boyfriend. I'm not sure if he told you about us yet, but..Yeah."

Hoseok looked down, chuckling dryly. "Oh, So I hear you found out about me and Yoongi's break up?"

Namjoon nodded. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I know that kid is as stubborn as a rock."

Hoseok nodded. "Mhm, I'm sure you know that."

Namjoon looked at the flowers. "Uhm, can I get a small bouquet of red roses?"

Hoseok sighed, grabbing the flowers. "Alright, if you insist."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "Is there something wrong?"

Hoseok shrugged. "No, it's just- His favorite flower is actually a Dahlia. Not roses."

Namjoon made an 'O' shape with his lips. "I didn't know Seokjin liked dahlias- I guess I'll get those instead then!"

Hoseok hummed. "That's what I thou— wait- Seokjin?"

Namjoon nodded. "Yup! We started dating last week. Seokjin was supposed to tell you and Yoongi, did he not?"

Hoseok shook his head. "No- wait..so this whole time you're weren't talking about Yoongi?"

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head. "Uh- no?"

Hoseok bowed, apologizing. "Sorry for the mix up then..roses are probably the best choice then."

Namjoon chuckled. "It's fine, I get what you were going for. I know how Yoongi feels about me."

Hosoek raised an eyebrow. "You do?"

Namjoon nodded. "I knew you liked him so I stayed away. I mean..we used to be good friends, right?"

Hoseok nodded, looking down shyly at the flowers that he was grouping together.

He tied a little bow and added a tag to the stems of the roses, handing it to Namjoon. "You can write anything you want on the tag while I ring up the price. Take your time."

Namjoon nodded, writing down a small note as Hoseok typed in the price of the item into the machine.

"Alright that'll be $7.49."

Namjoon hummed, grabbing 10 dollars from his pocket and handing it to Hoseok.

Hoseok put the money in the cash register. "Here's your change, have a nice day."

Namjoon smiled, bowing. "Thanks Hoseok, you too."

Namjoon exited the store, the bell ringing for the second time.

Hosoek sighed, resting his head on the counter. He thought he was mad at Yoongi, but honestly- he regretted leaving Yoongi. After all, Yoongi WAS trying to end his feelings for Namjoon by being with Hoseok- but he was just doing it in the wrong way.

Hoseok glanced at the dahlias displayed in the shelf next to him, shaking his head.

He went to the back of the store, about to restock some flowers when he realized a dahlia sitting in the counter with something written on the tag.

He opened the tag, a small note on it addressed to none other than 'Jung Hoseok'

Dear Hoseok,
I just want to be mature and apologize for my actions. It was stupid to use you like that. I've realized how much I need you in my life. You're such an amazing person, I was just blinded by other things to even notice that. I'm so sorry, I hope you can forgive me. Sincerely, Min Yoongi.

Hoseok took a deep breath, butting the flower in a vase and keeping it next to the counter.

At this moment he really regretted leaving Yoongi. Maybe what Yoongi did was not intentional.

Maybe it was just another mistake that would lead to more successes.

He really hoped so, because little did they know (or did they) Yoongi and him needed each other more than anything.

:) hello