Chapter twenty-two

Kenny's hazel eyes followed my movements as I pulled the covers up and snuggled under them, batting my lashes at his quizzical expression.

"What are you doing in my bed, woman?"

I pulled the duvet closer to my chin, hiding the smile on my lips that I couldn't resist from the perplexed look he was giving me.

"My room is cold," I answered in a mousy voice.

He placed his hands on his hips, studying me.

"That's why you've got a man to keep you warm, 'cause you're always so fucking cold."

He's not my man.

"But I want to sleep here, with you." I pouted, batting my eyelashes again and he chuckled. Shaking his head, he climbed in to join me.

The truth was that I didn’t want to be alone in a room, attainable to a certain beast with an insatiable appetite and the stamina of a horse.

"Bitch, your feet are like ice bricks!"

I pressed the cover over my mouth, stifling a laugh while jabbing him with my toes. I toppled over, holding my stomach when he jumped off of the bed. He crossed his arms in defense but his face seemed to relax while he watched me try to catch my breath.

I pushed up to a sitting position so that my back was to the headboard. Hopping on the bed again, Kenny mirrored my actions

"Tell me what's wrong, baby."

I rested my head against the board, side-glancing at him. "What makes you think something is wrong?"

His fingers grabbed a strand of hair, brushing it off my shoulder.

"You have that look in your eyes. That sad look. Is everything good with you and Antonio?"

"Yeah….why wouldn't it be?" I questioned, managing a half smile.

"Well, because if I was dating a 6' something Italian hunk—with a face sculpted by the Gods themselves, and a ripped body that even the devil would be envious of—I would be climbing him like a tree, opposed to sleeping with your ass."

"First of all," I stated matter-of-factually, "you're over-exaggerating his looks and second, I'm on my period," I lied.

"And you came here with that?" he said, scrunching his nose and I chuckled, pulling him into a hug. The door cracked open and Emma's head poked in.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" she questioned in a hushed tone, shutting the door behind her.

"You're so loud; I could hear you all the way across the hall from my room."

I scooted over to make space for her and she jumped in, pushing Kenny further to the edge, which made him crane his neck.

"Bitch—"

I looked at Emma and she released a giggle. Kenny was hilarious when he was cranky; and right now, I was beginning to wonder if he was on a period.

"We should definitely get Amanda in here too." I grinned.

"Oh, she wasn't in her room."

I froze for a moment, taking in what she just said. "What do you mean, she wasn't in her room?"

"I was just there thinking the noise was coming from hers but she wasn't in."

"Well, did you check the bathroom?" I asked a bit too eagerly.

"Wow, Adriana, chill. She's probably just downstairs grabbing a late night snack or something," Emma answered, giving me a confused look.

Yeah, either that or someone could be snacking on her.