Chapter thirty-two

I awoke to an empty bed the next morning, which wasn't much of a surprise. Antonio rarely slept after seven, and was always up and running by the time I managed to get my lazy bum to function properly.

My classes didn't start until ten so I took my time showering and getting ready. After putting on a Chich black skirt and a striped top-combining the outfit with the cute pair of Versace boots that Kenny had gifted to all three of his girls-I put on my coat, and headed for the kitchen to grab a quick bite before leaving.

The icy cold air blew onto my face, causing me to shiver when I stepped out, making my way to the red Audi parked in the space right next to Niccolo's Maserati. A tiny smile formed on my lips as I imagined rear-ending his precious baby.
But the fact that I was still paying for this car, wouldn't give me that luxurious opportunity, just yet. I had gotten it for a good eighteen grand, of which I was paying a solid one thousand a month, and the best part of it was that, it was mine.

The assisting job didn't pay big but since all of my other living expenses were minimal, thanks to Mr. "My ego is too big to let my whore pay for anything," I was able to afford it.
It was a good thirty minute drive to the University so I put on some music, trying to get my head straight before I entered the lion's den.
At times it could be overwhelming, especially for someone dealing with social anxiety.

Fortunately, I was able to attend at a private UNI that held all English classes, and the other students were very nonchalant. No one asked questions that I didn't need to provide answers to. They stayed out of my way while I avoided them at all costs.

Or else, I'd have to get my boyfriend to shoot them.

Just kidding.

My mind was adrift and an unsettling feeling lingered in the air around me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. A sudden chill made the hair rise up my arms as I perused the large auditorium that was beginning to fill.

I shook away my thoughts and continued the path ahead, until I reached an empty seat.

The day was jam-packed and the busiest one in my schedule, pulling me far away from the head-throbbing questions that sat at the back of my brain, like deadweight.

I was exhausted by the end of the final class and more than ready to get back to the mansion, looking forward to a very long and hot bath.

"Adriana!"

I spun around to find Daniel-one of my colleagues-standing at the center of the hallway, presumably getting ready to head home for the day.

"Daniel. Hi."

I tried not to look as uncomfortable as I felt, as his sapphire eyes intently fixated on my legs.

"Hey, Adriana. I was wondering-"

Oh, please don't.

He ran a hand through his blonde hair, smoothing out the ends with a smile that did nothing to help his intentions.

Definitely not my type, buddy. You're wasting your time. Plus, I have someone at home who may, or may not slice a bitch to pieces.

"Some of us are going out for drinks later tonight; I was wondering if maybe, you'd like to join us?"

I took a deep breath, speed glancing at the black vehicle parked behind my Audi, the driver casually waiting in the lot for me to exit.