Chapter twenty-nine

I ran the brush through my freshly straightened hair, examining my makeup and the black satin dress I was wearing that went down to my ankles. It had a deeply plunged neckline, with a slit that went up my left thigh, exposing the entirety of my leg. The high-heels that matched the dress, were accentuating the length of my legs.

The diamond necklace that Antonio had gifted to me for Christmas, sat elegantly around my neck, the crystals reflecting under the bright ceiling light.

The Adriana I knew five months ago wouldn't have dared to wear something as revealing, but then again, that Adriana would have never imagined witnessing two murders, being kidnapped and falling into her captor's arms, all in less than a year. That Adriana was long gone.

I stole one last glance at myself in the tall mirror before heading downstairs. A vehicle was waiting to take me to the club where my friends were already half drunk, and ready to roll in the New Year.

Giada spoke firmly as the car exited through the iron gates and down the narrow path that led through miles of open road to the city.

"Whatever you do, make sure that you get yourself into that private room, capisci?"

I nodded, focusing my attention on the never-ending line of trees swerving past us with speed, and trying to control my breathing as we neared our destination.

"Adriana, do not screw this up. Tonight is very important and it's in your reliability to execute every detail I have elucidated."

The back entrance to the club had a finger print security system that Giada opened with her index, letting us in through the hallway with a tunnel like shape, lit with blue neon fluorescence. At the end were stairs that led to the second floor.

Adjusting my long black wig by the bangs, I pulled the lace mask over my eyes before taking the mini USB charger from Giada, and placing into my purse. With a slight nod she disappeared through a door on the right and I began ascending the stairs.

It was game time.

Third room on the left.

One. Two. Three.

Closing the door behind me, I scanned the room with accentuating shades of red and blue, searching for the perfect spot to plug in the small gadget that was going to work wonders tonight. My eyes landed on the round table, next to it a socket that was vaguely hidden by its wooden legs.

Bingo.

Placing the USB in the socket and securing it safely, I stepped back, taking one last look at the red lens that blended in to the wall with perfection.

Now we wait.

The phone buzzed inside my purse, causing me to jump slightly. Pulling it out, I read the text from Giada with a cue to proceed with the execution.

Taking out the tiny vile, I unscrewed the lid, pouring the liquid into one of the glasses of whiskey I had prepared. Stirring it with my finger, I shoved the empty vile back into my purse. Then, taking the two glasses, I planted myself cross-legged onto the leather sofa, setting the glass with the mixture on the table and holding the other one to my lips as the door opened.

The drumming commenced in my ears as the man entered the room, with enthusiasm printed on his chiseled face. His eyes immediately lingered on my long legs that were intentionally exposed for his amusement. In steady strides, he made his way around the table and sat inches from me. My lips curved into a seductive smile as he took my hand, giving it a kiss.