Chapter thirty-one

A malicious smile spread across my face as the black Lamborghini Aventador took off in less than three seconds, going at one-hundred twenty miles per hour, leaving Niccolo behind in my rearview mirror.

I smirked at the asshole for thinking that giving me a head start, had been a smart decision.

I allowed his Maserati to catch up a bit just in time for me to increase the speed on the ferocious baby on wheels, and make a quick u-turn, flicking him off as I swerved past him again.

If there was one way of getting my revenge on him, this would be it. Because what the fucker didn't know about me, was that I thrived on the adrenaline rush of speed. And right now, I was going two-hundred without batting an eye.

"Bitch, slow down! This is half-a-mill you're about to drive into a wall!"

Kenny's horrified expressions made me laugh out loud, watching him tighten his grip on the edge of his seat.

Amanda was screaming profanities from the back, her eyes ready to bulge out of their sockets but I could tell she was overhyped with excitement.

"Oh, my God! We're going to die!"

"Relax Kenny, at least you'll go to heaven where they'll be strong, handsome men with wings, carved by God, waiting at the gates for you," I chuckled, casting a quick side glance at him.

"Bitch, you're crazy! Get me out of this fucking car before I vomit all over you're boyfriend's windshield, and I don't have the kind of money to even get this shit cleaned!"

I stepped on the pedal again, picking up more speed as the engine roared, causing the trees to become a blurry line in my peripheral view. The feeling of adrenaline rushing through my veins was indescribable, generating a mixture of both freedom and fear.

Finally decreasing the speed at the end of the open road, I made a left turn and drove the vehicle up towards the mansion. Reaching the iron gates, I caught a glimpse of the red Maserati passing through behind us.

The vehicle came to a halt and Kenny jumped out of his seat, kneeling to the ground while trying to catch his breath.

Such a drama queen.

Niccolo threw an "I will chop you into pieces and make soup from your body parts" at me when I got out of the car, followed by a squealing Amanda, not a trace of amusement on his face. He was fuming with anger.

Antonio-who had been in the passenger seat of the Maserati-was struggling to keep a straight face, while his brother was blowing smoke out of his ears.

"Cagna pazza!"

He stomped up the stairs, disappearing into the mansion and I broke into a triumphal laughter, mocking his sweet debacle.

Finally got you, bitch.

"You know, he doesn't like loosing," Antonio reassured, leaning on the hood of the Maserati.

In black sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt, somehow he looked ten times hotter than he already was, even in the middle of January.

"He'll have to suck it up then." I grinned, my attention turning to Kenny who seemed like he was going to pass out any given minute.

"Are you OK?" I said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't know-" His hand went up to his mouth and I braced myself, thinking he was about to hurl. He relaxed his face again. "I don't know what you've done to my Adriana, but this girl right here, is bat shit crazy!"

I laughed, holding my stomach as he zigzagged his way into the mansion, trying not to trip over the steps.

"Key, Adriana." Antonio's stare bore into me as he opened the palm of his hand, waiting for me to pass it over to him. The smooth tone of his voice made me come down from the high.