ABBAsolutely Fabulous

ABBA
Were a mega force in Australia. They sent Aussie Kids wild in the 70's 

Beatlemania was 1st but Abbamania was 2nd.

I see a Beatles album

From Sweden, ABBA won the '74 Eurovision song contest and flourished from there.

Agnetha the blonde
Benny on piano
Bjorn guitar
Anni-frid (Frida) a bubbly brunette (since ABBA -Princess Anni-Frid, Dowager Countess of Plauen!)

Powerhouse composers Benny and Bjorn wrote many hits and also music for plays including 'CHESS'

With strong accents ABBA made singing in a 2nd language, English, look easy.

Waterloo started it all. And started their flair for outlandish outfits.

The Winner Takes It All. Amazing lyrics sung by Agnetha as her and Bjorn go through their divorce. Yes they married early in their career. Benny and Frida married later in the game. Both couples divorced.

Slipping Through My Fingers. A mother's song for her growing daughter. Beautiful.

Dancing Queen. 1st preformed live in honour of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and his bride-to-be, Silvia Sommerlath in full regal dress. A worldwide No1.

Mamma Mia. Just for the white jumpsuit this wins. Edit- no white jumpsuit YouTube vids 😭 so you get the cat dress instead (I'll try to find the shortie dresses they become). The 'best bum in the world' some Aussie journalist (typical) said at their arrival interview in the country. Agnetha (in broken English): "I do not know. I cannot see it"

John Lennon supposedly (I can't find it in black and white) said this was a great song. I agree. (Found the short skirts) Love SOS

What we all want. Gimme Gimme Gimme a man after midnight

My Love My Life beautiful Agnetha gets a bulk of lead vocal of their songs. Frida was a little jealous but a good sport.

Mamma Mia the musical both on Broadway and film was a smash. Using all of ABBA's songs to weave a story. Lay All Your Love On Me this of course is from the movie.

Frida needs a turn! Their voices complimented and shone together and apart. But they were on the money getting Frida to lead this one.    💸 Money Money Money 💰

Frida has a darker, deeper voice (mezzo-soprano ) than Agnetha (soprano). Frida first recorded this song in Swedish. B & B composed but it was early days before they teamed up after all having separate careers. Fernando was No1 so long in Australia Molly Meldrum on Countdown tried changing out the song for another (he was sick of it closing the show week after week) the station was flooded with letter. Fernando was back on the next week.

Paul & Frida & Phil Collins