The Fourth or Fifth Beatle?

Not many people may be aware but Sir George Martin conducted a tour called .....

ALL YOU NEED IS BEATLES

These concerts, well the ones in Australia, were held in January 1998. Sir George Martin's "All You Need Is Beatles" 1998 Australian tour had some great Aussie artists onstage supporting  George: James Reyne, Human Nature, Tommy Emmanuel and Glenn Shorrock.

I went to the Brisbane concert with my husband, it was a wonderful night of storytelling and music. With the orchestra playing all those fabulous songs live and the band playing the rocking tunes well. Below are a few words on Georges supporting acts and underneath that are 2 reviews because it was so long ago I didn't want to get anything wrong!

Glenn Shorrock has been both a solo artist and in some of the best Aussie Bands in history. Little River Band mid 70's onward  : my fav 'Help Is On It's Way', The Twillights in the 60's, Axiom in the early 70's with my absolutely loved ' A little ray of Sunshine' a lovely song about a daughter being born into the world. He tells great stories..... Like the day at Abbey Road, 1966, with his ear to the wall while Paul McCartney recorded Penny Lane in an adjoining studio, or his career highlight decades later, performing that very song at Sydney Opera House during the All You Need is Beatles spectacular with legendary Beatles producer George Martin on baton. Wow.

Human Nature. Australia's own 'boy band' in the beginning now you can go to see them in Las Vegas, cause they are over there more than in Australia now! Permanent residency at the Venetian Hotel 1000+ shows doing Motown hits, Smokey Robinson etc.

James Reyne. A truly Australian voice he has.... Australian Crawl his band then solo preformer. Some songs of his I love 'Reckless'  and 'Way Out West' a country hit with James Blundell (my sisters crush in the 90's ugh) If you look up James his voice is rough and ready but listen to Reckless its great.

Tommy Emmanuel. Not a fan really but this guy can play a mean guitar so that makes him ok! His brother is more in the limelight these days (and I'm a lesser fan of his haha)

Sir George's impeccably deft selection included:

Michelle
She's Leaving Home
Got To Get You Into My Life
Eleanor Rigby
Because
Here Comes The Sun
I Am The Walrus
Day Tripper
When I'm Sixty Four
Ob-la-di Ob-la-da

Strawberry Fields Forever

Penny Lane
A Day In The Life
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Yellow Submarine & the Pepperland Suite
Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite
Across The Universe
Yesterday

2 reviews

This is a review of the Sydney Opera House Concert by Tayler :