All You Need Is Beatles

~Apologies if I have put this article up previously- let me know lol~

In January 1998 George Martin came to Australia and with an Orchestra and some of Australia's finest talent held concerts all around the country.

I managed to score a double pass for Brisbane and it was a wonderful night celebrating the lads and their music. Not copying but honouring the Beatles sound and creativity.

Glenn Shorrock produced & performed alongside the late Sir George Martin in the acclaimed, six-date 1998 production “All You Need Is Beatles”.

Below are 2 great reflections on the event by a couple of fans that attended the Sydney & Melbourne concert. Following these are some artist info and songs of theirs. I also added anything I could find on the subject (which is not much!)-People associated with, grainy newspaper ads (sorry don't have a subscription to the service!)

All You Need Is Beatles Concert
Sydney Opera House, 25 January 1998
Review by Tayler
My chance sighting of Penny Lane in our own Australian "City of Liverpool," as the signpost read, on the way to Sydney's inner city, was to bode well for the fading moments of the day, when the Opera House, perched in all its white-sailed splendour, by the edge of Sydney Harbour, came into view. Walking around Circular Quay, minutes later, on our way to collect the tickets, we passed hundreds upon hundreds of members of the 3:00 pm audience, lingering in the dwindling sunlight, and clutching their souvenir programmes, each still brimming with praise for the spectacle they had witnessed many hours before.

The three of us readied our banner made in a mammoth team-effort the previous day, when, in restless excitement, we carefully inscribed a bolt of cloth with the calligraphic words swathed in admiration and adoration -- "All We Need Is Sir George!" And then, after a colourful and spirited rendition of "Magical Mystery Tour" -- with our famed local talent Human Nature, guitarist Tommy Emmanuel, singer James Reyne, the fifty-piece Sydney Symphony Orchestra, and with Little River Band member Glenn Shorrock as tour guide -- throughout which we sobbed and bawled with the best of them...he strode onto stage.

Honestly, the ensuing ten minutes will forever be classed amongst the most overwhelming of my days -- imagine, to be seated in the iconic Sydney Opera House, bathed in live Beatles music, and in the presence of the one and only Sir George Martin, long-time producer and friend of the Fab Four...only if the Beatles themselves had followed him on stage could I have been any more ecstatic. So, through a veil of joyful tears, and with my heart beating "She Loves You" style, it was hard to believe that there he stood -- that kindly smile, that dignified stature, that mellifluous voice -- and I had eyes only for him.

Sir George's impeccably deft selection included:
Michelle
She's Leaving Home
Got To Get You Into My Life
Eleanor Rigby
Because
Here Comes The Sun
I Am The Walrus
Day Tripper
When I'm Sixty Four
Ob-la-di Ob-la-da
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
A Day In The Life
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Yellow Submarine & the Pepperland Suite
Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite
Across The Universe
Yesterday
When he turned around, to address us all, cameras a-flash, and audience agog, we witnessed what Ray Coleman called Sir George's "quicksilver mind" in full flight -- his sheer eloquence, gentlemanly manner, subtle humour, and purest respect and love for "the boys" shining through, as he spoke so very fondly of his time with them. One anecdote he recounted concerned John and Paul's "roles" within the group. Paul's reputation as "the soppy one" -- though a track like "Helter Skelter" was a case in point, he observed -- meant that John's "Across The Universe shook me rigid...it was so unlike him, but I love it." During another pause, and meeting the audience with peals of laughter, he recalled the famous conversation with John, in which John revealed that, had he the opportunity, he would re-record every Beatle track. "Really?" questioned Sir George, once more "shaken rigid." "I wouldn't."