Roxan In My Life Plot Summary

This is a life story which starts sweetly with a perfect family in Liverpool England. 

Roxan lives with her parent and brother. Tragically, her father is killed in a work accident, later as a young teen, her mother remarries and the stepfather begins his abuse. His position as a policeman allows him to use the cells at the station to hold the girl. She meets John here overnight then they part. Roxan holds evidence of a crime her stepfather commits. After she graduates as a solicitor she delivers the stepfather to jail and herself also serves because she withheld evidence for years as a teen. Upon release, after John realises her work in the trial, which involves his deceased mother, Roxan is taken to London, offered a job and reunited with John. She takes up the offer and their friendship blossoms.

Roxan becomes an integral part of the Beatles machine. In Australia she acts as Manager in Brian Epstein's stead. Love grows around Beatle tours and Roxan's business endeavours. A wedding takes place and life is sweet and busy. Mister Epstein dies some time later, leaving a hole in the Beatles management and the band brings a reluctant Roxan in to assist. It works for a time til the band fractures, the marriage is hit by an affair and Johns use of drugs. A desolate Roxan discovers she is pregnant as John leaves. The band disintegrates and brings in another manager, Roxan is tossed aside. Paul McCartney was outvoted in his quest to keep her in the job.

Roxan leaves England, moving abroad to America to escape past pains and the divorce. The following years of the early seventies has Sophie, John and Roxan's only child, growing up. The McCartney's are a constant; welcomed trusted friends.

Everything changes when Jerry Hall and The Rolling Stones invite Roxan to a music awards show in New York. A reunion of sorts, only eyes laid on each other, occurs.

Roxan flees, scared of John taking her little girl, scared of her own feelings. The now divorced John follows Roxan back across the country to LA.

John relishes his time with his daughter, and the flame of love Roxan and he had still exists and grows causiously along with cancer Roxan discovers in her chest. Linda McCartney, her cherished friend becomes madcapped nursemaid willingly and they have some good funny & sad times. John travels back and forth across the country, trying to understand and help Roxan through her anguish, the medical procedures and the panic of dying leaving her daughter. Its a mix of sad moments and funny moments as John reconnects ;) and Paul comes to spend time with the girls.  The ex-wife becomes a fly in the ointment again. John is torn away at almost the same time Roxan finds out she needs to have a mastectomy.

Roxa  understands he has important events to attend to like his peace protests but when he is finished these duties she wont let him see her again. She's scared he will reject her and her body. John persists, calling over and over, frustrated, he eventually comes to her after all her pushing of him constantly away. 

Roxan walks along the secluded beach, John stands before her and her shirt opens to show the scars. John wants her completely, the scars are nothing compared to what they are together.