I'll Never Love Again

A/N: Hi everyone! I missed doing these song one-shots, so today I have written one up. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my story where I was bawling my eyes out while writing this. So a little bit of a warning :).This one-shot is based on the song "I'll Never Love Again" (Extended Version) from the movie "A Star is Born" I highly recommend listening to it while reading it since it sets the mood for the whole thing. Enjoy!

---------

Catra panted as she laid across the blonde's weak body. Her heart pounding as loud as the Heart of Etheria's was in her ear. She propped herself up and held the blonde close. "Adora, you have to stay awake," she felt horrible yet determined to keep this girl awake.

She had to.

She had to because the blonde's story was not over.

Not yet.

No one's story is going to end this way.

Especially not hers.

Adora's body and eyes felt heavy with pain and weakness. She was breathing heavily. She couldn't handle the tiredness that was overcoming her. She looked up to the feline, hoping to catch one more glimpse of her before she closed her eyes, maybe for good.

The girl she could never tell her true feelings to.

The girl that she wanted. The girl she has always wanted.

The blonde let out a raspy breath, "I'm sorry."

The feline put a hand onto the girl's cheek. She teared up as the girl leaned into it. She could feel how cold she was getting and how much paler she was looking.

Adora didn't have much time, the girl feared.

Adora's hand dropped after bringing it up with the feline's. She struggled to keep her eyes open.

Catra let her tears fall as she scooped up the girl. "Adora!" she shouted as the girl closed her eyes.

She gasped as she felt the blonde's grip on her loosen. She pulled away and covered her mouth as she noticed the girl's closed eyes. She shook her head, "No-no-no" she placed a hand on her cheek.

'No. This is not how it is going to end for us,' she thought to herself. She looked back to the girl, "This is not how it ends for us... not for you..." she looked around the area. She shook the girl gently.

Her heart dropped as she saw the blonde's arm stay limp against her. She moved her hand to the girl's lower back, and her other hand cradled the girl's head.

How does this girl deserve something so horrible?

She took a shaky breath and tried to assure herself. She needed to try and reach out to her.

What was a good way?

She looked back down to the girl and cleared her throat. She sang shakily,

"Wish I could, I could've said goodbye
I would've said what I wanted to
Maybe even cried for you."

She looked down at the girl's face, taking in the different features. Her soft, peachy tone skin. Her sandy blonde hair in her stupid ponytail. Her dark brown eyebrows. Yet, she couldn't see the one thing she wanted. Her big icy blue eyes.

She took a bigger and stronger breath and sang,

"If I knew, it would be the last time
I would've broke my heart in two
Tryin' to save a part of you."

She wished she had stayed behind after the blonde had gotten the failsafe. Maybe she would have taken her, and they would have protected one another. Maybe, they would have gotten there faster.