A Letter

Hi everyone! I have written an oneshot based off @truckee.art 's art on instagram! Truckee based an amazing art work off the letter from the "Rebel Princess Guide", and it just happens that it was an entry for Catratober.

I hope you guys enjoy and you like Truckee's post on insta. "Catratober Day 1: Letter"

CW: NSFW warning, it's not much but just a brief mention & a bit of self-hatred

THE LETTER IS FROM "REBEL PRINCESS GUIDE", IT IS NOT MY OWN WORK. I just followed what Truckee did on the post!
-----------------------------------------------

"Oh man, where is it?" Catra asked herself as she rummaged through her closet.

Leave it to Catra to not find the things she was missing right when she needed it.

Lately, she had been working on a sketch that Micah asked her to do of the late queen, Angella. He wanted a painting to be made and hung up in the hallway, so the gardeners and the sculptures could work on an actual statue to put in the garden.

After he caught a glimpse of the feline's work, he knew that she was the perfect person to start with.

After she finished her sketch, she would send it to the royal painters where the real painting process would start.

Catra worked on a rough sketch for weeks while putting paint swatches on the side, so others could get an idea of what the end product would look like.

Today was the day she was going to present the sketch to the king and Glimmer. But at the moment, she was missing one of the last paints that she needed. A glittery purple for the darker part of the lady's hair.

"Come on! I just used it last week!" The feline groaned as she closed the closet doors.

Ever since the war ended and she started attending therapy, Perfuma suggested that she should pick up a hobby to occupy her whenever she was feeling anxious or just needed to getaway.

First, it was baking, and now it was drawing/painting.

She would usually paint outside and store her art supplies in a small container in her closet.

But right now, she couldn't find that one paint she was looking for.

She ran a hand through her hair in frustration as she took a look around the large pink bedroom.

'Breathe, companion, you won't be able to find what you are looking for if you keep getting angry and frustrated," a voice popped into her head as she stormed to her nightstand.

The feline looked towards her alien cat, who laid on her and Adora's bed, and sighed. "It's hard to do that when you are literally trying to make a simple piece of art for one of your best friends and her dad."

'Finally calling Glimmer a best friend?" The cat meowed, flicking its tail to the side.

"I-" Catra held up a finger. She groaned, turning back to her nightstand. She opened the drawer, "I can tolerate Sparkles," she rummaged through her stuff.

Melog picked up their head, 'What are you even looking for?'

She pulled her hands out of the drawer, "Damn it," she closed it before walking over to the crystal desk in their room. "I'm looking for that dark shimmery purple paint I used the other day."

'I believe I saw your mate picking it up yesterday, but I don't remember where she put it' they hopped off the bed.

"Mhm," the feline stopped in her tracks. "Maybe I should check her closet" she walked over.

'Why don't you just go to the market and get another?" They walked over to her side.

"I don't want to spend money just for a whole new bottle when I just need a little. Besides, Sparkles and Micah are going to decide the final colors," she said as she opened the blonde's double door closet, squatting down to check the floor of it.