Pregnancy Nightmare

I had to bring back the angst at one point lol. I have had this one in my drafts for more than three months, so I thought I would finish it up! I hope you guys enjoy my little hurt to comfort action! Let me know what you think!

CW: Hospital & blood
TW: Death by surgery  (Childbirth complications )

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. THIS IS BASED OFF SOME RESEARCH I DID. JUST A BIT OF A WARNING
------------------------------------------------
"Ms. Catra, we are going to have to take your wife into surgery," a female doctor explained as she helped pick up the bars on the side of the blonde's hospital bed, inside the purple and pink hospital room.

"W-what? Why?" The feline lady rushed over, their newborn baby still in her arms.

"Because we are experiencing complications-"

"I- w-what kind of complications. Y-you told me that-" she struggled to get her words out.

"I know I said the birth went smoothly, but things can change very quickly. I can stand here and explain what happened, or I can take your wife into surgery."

Adora looked up and took ahold of her wife's hand. "Love..."

Catra looked back down to the newborn kitten in her arms and back down to her wife. She nodded, "Okay..." she leaned down and pressed a kiss onto her lips.

She kissed her back gently, "I love you... If I don't make it, promise me, you'll never leave their side."

"Don't talk like that," the girl pulled away.

"Catra-"

"Adora..."

The blonde looked towards her, almost pleading with her eyes. "Promise me..." she whispered towards her.

Catra looked towards the baby feline in her arms. The way they cuddled up against her warmth. The way they didn't have a care in the world.

She looked back towards her wife as the nurses helped the girl lay back down against the pillows. She sighed, nodding. "I promise..."

The doctor nodded, placing a hand on the feline's back as she motioned to the nurses to take her wife. "She's in good hands, Ms. Catra. I am going to do everything possible to save your wife."

"She just had a baby, Dr. Allen" she turned towards the doctor, shaking her head.

The lady looked towards her "I know, but now all you can do is just hope and pray everything comes out well. For now, watch over your new baby." she patted her back.

"Please, Dr. Allen," she nodded. "There's only one of her. Just do everything possible."

"I will" she nodded. "I will send someone to give you updates once in a while" was the last thing the lady said as she walked towards the door.

----

"Oh, Cat. They are so precious," Glimmer exclaimed as she cradled the newborn feline in her arms, pacing around the large hospital room.

"They truly are so cute. Adora called them a mini-me when she saw them" she chuckled softly. "We both made a bet on whose colored hair they were going to have. But luckily, they both got something from us."

Glimmer giggled as she rubbed a thumb against their soft, fuzzy cheek, the baby cooing softly. "Your brown hair and Adora's blue eyes?"

"I'm just glad they have something of Adora's." She admitted as she leaned against the wall. "When the doctor told us that they might be a magicat, I could tell that she didn't think they were going to have some part of her. Now I can tell her that they have her eyes."