Arcade

A/N: Hi everyone! This one-shot is based on the song, "Arcade" by Duncan Laurence. I highly recommend listening to it while reading it since there is dialogue in-between the lyrics. The scenes mentioned are from "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power" from DreamWorks. Episodes are, "The Sword Pt.1", "The Sword pt.2", "Promise", and "The Battle of Bright Moon"  Enjoy!

P.S. The (*) are the song lyrics. 

------------------------------------------

Catra smirked, "Get a strike team together" She walked away from Entrapta's model of Etheria. "We're going to Bright Moon"

Scorpia looked towards the model and then the Black Garnet, "Bright Moon? Why?"

Catra walked up to the monitor screens, "Because we're going to take out Bright Moon's Runestone" She watched as the snow fell in the Whispering Woods. "And with the Whispering Woods frozen over...", she moved her attention to the screen showing Bright Moon. "There's nothing stopping us" she balled up her fists.

Scorpia looked at Entrapta then back to Catra, "Are you sure this is something that you want to do? We haven't truly gone into battle with Bright Moon and their people. Besides, they have the princesses and She-Ra"

Catra hissed and looked at Scorpia, "That is my plan and we are going to do it my way. Get the strike team together. I will meet you in the take-off zone" she walked to the door. She flashed back to her promise with Adora when they were young kids.

"You look out for me, I look out for you.

"Nothing really bad can happen as long as we have each other.

"You promise?

"I promise"

The feline balled up her fists and shook her head, "You broke your promise the minute you left" she mumbled to herself. She walked out and walked over to her room. As she walked into her bedroom, she remembered what happened in the beacon. Especially her cutting the spider web that Adora was holding onto, leaving her there to fall.

She walked in front of her mirror and took off her red headgear. She sat down on the edge of her bed and ran her hand against her headgear. She sang softly,

*"A broken heart is all that's left

*I'm still fixing all the cracks

*Lost a couple of pieces when

*I carried it, carried it, carried it home"

She put it down next to her and sighed. She looked at the folded up blanket by her pillow. It used to be Adora's. She crawled over to the center of her bed and picked up the soft, blue blanket. She brought it up to her nose and sniffed it. She took in the familiar scent of her blonde ex-best friend. She shook her head and continued,

*"I'm afraid of all I am

*My mind feels like a foreign land

*Silence ringing inside my head

*Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home"

She gasped as she found herself talking about the blonde. She looked at the blanket, "As much as I wish for the old times... you were the one that broke us in the end" she got up and put the blanket down. She walked to the mirror once again and looked at herself. She flashed back to moments from her youth.

*"I've spent all of the love I saved

*We were always a losing game"

Adora coming up from behind her after training and hugging her. The two of them going to their secret spot on the rooftop and talking about ruling the world together. Them sharing their meals at dinner time and hanging out with the rest of their squad. Catra sleeping at the end of the bed or even sleeping next to her if her nightmares were too bad.