Piece by piece

Hi everyone! I recently found out that I hit 9k reads on Wattpad, so I have finished a oneshot I was working on a while back. This oneshot may seem a repetitive at first but it mostly is a storyline where Catra is going through her thoughts! Let me know what you guys think! This is a song oneshot! The song is 'Piece by Piece (Idol Version)" by Kelly Clarkson.

P.S. I did change up some of the pronouns since most of them were "He/him" instead of "She/Her" for Adora. Then when she talks about their kids, I changed it to them since there are two of them. 

Video Link: https://youtu.be/pwTMz6Nfhjg

CW: Shadow Weaver's emotional abuses and impact
----------------------------------------------

Catra sighed as she sat up, not being able to sleep once again after a nightmare that woke her up from her deep sleep.

Of course, a dream about the former Shadow Weaver would scare her awake.

The former sorceress was gone for years.

But it seemed that she still had a hold on her.

Especially now that she has a family.

She turned to the sleeping blonde, dressed in a simple grey sweater and fuzzy pants, next to her and envied the way she could sleep.

She slowly and quietly moved the sheets off her legs, getting up from the soft, plush bed. She grabbed her fuzzy black robe and put it on over her own red sweater and black pajamas pants. 

But her wife was still as sensitive as ever, turning onto her other side as she felt the sudden movement.

The feline quickly froze in her place, preparing to explain to the blonde what she was doing awake.

But she didn't have to.

Adora pulled the covers closer to her chest, adjusting herself to her new position.

She released a breath in relief and quickly made her way out of their bedroom, closing the door behind her quietly.

'What to do now?' she thought to herself as she looked down the long, dimly lit hallway.

Her family was asleep, and Melog was in the shed with Swift Wind.

She sighed to herself once again.

'Catra...' a voice she thought she heard say.

She quickly turned around, thinking the former sorceress was around. She looked back towards her tail, noticing how fuzzed-up it got. She smoothed it out.

Her paranoia was worse at night, especially after her nightmares.

'She's not here... she's not here," she thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

'Come on, Catra. Get a grip on yourself' she hissed.

At times like this, she didn't know what to do. 

But for now, she just needed to get out of the mindset that her dead mother figure was somehow alive.

She walked down the staircase of their castle home, turning on the lights behind her.

'It was just a nightmare, Catra. She's not here. She's been gone for years. She's not going to come back all of a sudden,' she told herself as she stepped into the living room area. 'No matter how powerful she is'

She looked around, turning on the main light. She scanned the room for a shadow or anything that resembled the woman.

"You have no power over me now," she said in the open space. "I have the life I have always wanted. A life and a family that I was able to control"