Compromised

Words: 2.1k (Biggest one I have written ever.)

I cant explain how proud this one makes me.

     "Mhm?" your eyebrows furrowed tightly creating a crease in between them. 

      You'd just entered the kitchen of the compound after a long nap when Nick Fury called you. Your eyes were still heavy with sleep and your muscles felt tense at the tone Fury gave you. 

      "Agent (Y/L/N), we need you in Russia immediately," he sounded stern and serious. 

      "What is it this time?" you yawned into the phone as you turned around to walk back to your room to pack your stuff. 

      "Sergeant Barnes has been compromised," 

       You stopped walking straightening your posture. "What?" Your muscles tensed at the word. Compromised. It was only a word but it held a lot to it, being called by the director himself and being told your boyfriend and teammate is compromised only means he are considered a threat OR is in danger. "What happened?" you asked concerned. 

       "Get on the jet, your suit and clothes are here. I'll explain everything on the way." 

       On the jet, a SHIELD agent gave you your suit and you changed into it as fast as you could not wasting anytime. You made your way towards the front of the jet where Nick Fury and Maria Hill sat. "So what's going on?" you asked breathing heavily from the adrenaline. 

       Maria handed you a file with a SHIELD logo on it. She continued to speak as you furrowed your eyebrows and looked inside the file. 

       "As far as we know, they haven't been successful in turning him back into the Winter Soldier thanks to Shuri. But that just means they took him to torture and kill him, probably for betraying them-."

       "We need to you get in the base and get him out," Fury finished, venom poured out of his words, stinging your insides at what possibly could get him this angry.

       "How long have they had him?" you asked closing the file and handing it back to Maria. There was nothing in the file you didn't already know. Him, Steve and Tony went to infiltrate a Hydra base but they got a hold of him, doing God knows what to him. "And what happened with Steve and Tony?" 

      "Tony informed us of the situation and said that we needed to get Barnes out first, they're still trying to find a way out," Maria explained waving her arms around as she sat sideways on her seat, turning her gaze from you to the window in front of her. "Last time we heard from them was 6 hours ago..." 

      "Shit." you whispered as she nodded her head, sucking her teeth. "Okay," You shook your head calculating the duration of the trip. The flight lasted around 4 hours, that meant 10 hours without contact from either Steve, Tony or Bucky. And it meant the bigger the chance of them being dead. 

      You left Fury and Hill and walked over to check you had all your weapons ready and working. You exhaled as you sat down into one of the seats on the jet. Adrenaline furiously circled your body, waiting for something to happen. Your leg bounced up and down as you reached up to put a light braid in your hair, so it didn't get in your face. 

     The 4 hour flight felt like it lasted months. 

     "Agent, we land in 10," Maria shouted from the front of the jet. You nodded your head mentally preparing yourself for the, possibly, long mission ahead of you. 

     The jet landed near the thick trees. Before you could sprint off the jet, Fury stopped you and handed you your comms device. "Do not die, Agent," he warned, the look in his eye made shivers fun down your spine. You knew he saw you like his daughter and you saw him like a father figure you never had. You nodded your head as you put the device in your ear and sprinted out of the jet into the large forest towards the grey building not far away from you.