Blip [Pt. 2]

The next 5 years were cruel. 

The hole in your body was extending further and further each day, reminding you of Bucky. But losing Bucky wasn't the most painful part. 

The most painful part, and the part you mostly regretted is that he never got to hear you say you loved him too. You had no idea if you'd see him again and you almost felt guilty that he disappeared and you didn't. Survivors guilt you guessed?

   "Tell me another," Morgan begged as you looked down on her laying on your chest. You promised her you'd teach her more about astrology and stars in the evenings and you were doing exactly that. But instead of listening to you talk about the stars she demanded you to tell her stories about Bucky. 

You laid on the cold grass on your back, looking up at the surprisingly empty sky and sighing occasionally when you thought back to the blip. "It's late you should go to bed," You breathed and wrapped your arms around her body and pressed her tighter into your chest. 

   "Last one and I'll go," Morgan yawned, voice heavy with tiredness. You giggled and gave in, telling her a story about when Bucky would tell you about the 30's and 40's and how fascinating you found it. 

You continued to talk until you felt her breathing slow down indicating she's finally asleep. You gripped her tighter and lifted yourself up, holding your sleeping sister in your arms ready to carry her to bed. 

Since the snap, you, Tony, and Morgan decided to move to a small lake house for peace and quiet while Tony figured out a way to bring the snapped back.

   "Hey (Y/N)?!" You heard Tony's voice from his workshop. Morgan jolted up in surprise at the loud noise making you jump slightly as well. You groaned and made your way to where Tony was sitting. Piles of papers laid scattered across the whole room and Tony with massive bags under his eyes, looking very exhausted. 

   "You just woke up Morga-" You sarcastically remarked as you entered the messy office. 

   "Shut up and come here." His tone was serious, no hint of tiredness in it at all. "Look. I think I found the las-" He began but you instantly interrupted him as you looked down at the one single sheet of paper in his hands, pen scribbled all over it. 

   "The last stone." You breathed as you furrowed your eyebrows trying not to cry. "So the soul stone is in Vormir?" 

Morgan stirred in your grip trying to figure out what you were doing, still half asleep. "HOLY SHIT I THINK THIS IS IT." Tony exclaimed excitedly, jumping from his seat and throwing his arms into the air, causing Morgan to jump again with wide eyes. 

You couldn't stop yourself from smiling. Thousands of hours of trying to figure it out, sleepless nights and mental health issues didn't go to waste after all. But even though you could see the hope in your broken fathers eyes, you didn't ignore that little flame of doubt that fluttered deep within your stomach. You almost felt sick as to why you'd be doubting your own ecstatic father, but you spent 5 years on this. So this had to work. 

You were broken from your thoughts when you heard Morgan giggle and felt her hair jolt up. "You said shit," She pointed at Tony with the cutest smile on her face. Tony didn't even tell her off. Happiness radiated off of his body and you didn't dare push sadness back into him. You reached out and hugged your dad, squishing Morgan in between the two of you. 

   "Let's just hope this works," You sighed at him, gently smiling as you pulled away. 

-time skip-

The little flame you thought about earlier was completely gone...instead, replaced with adrenaline and nothing other an ecstasy. 

The battle field was filled with rubble and debris from the ground and of course Thanos' full arsenal of Chitauri, Sakaaran, and Outrider armies. Despite the blood that dripped down your forehead, you swore you'd fight until you were on the brink of death. The adrenaline caused you to forget you could heal yourself at any second, not that you needed it anyways.