Trust [TFATWS]

I'm working on requests I promise :)

Not important but Bucky still has his long hair cuz he's hot like that.

TFATWS spoilers below. 

Basically this is after Ayo takes off his arm.

---

The roof was your comfort place. In fact, anything that was outside gave you a sense of security. The open air outside felt more breathable, free almost. Your heartbeat steadied as you stepped out into the cold but humid air, sending timid goose bumps across your delicate skin. 

You weren't expecting someone to be on the roof of Zemo's house at 1 a.m. so you quietly gasped when you saw an outline of a muscular person sitting on the edge of the building with his back facing you. It took you a second to realise it was your best friend, Bucky, trying to supress sobs. Your brows furrowed as you quietly started to walk towards the broken man in front of you. 

He acted off ever since Ayo left and you didn't dare to ask what was wrong. You saw the way his features laced with dejection and hurt when Ayo detached his arm and cursed him. Her expression showed nothing other than vexation, almost as if she was telling him 'We gave you that arm and we can take it back' with her eyes. Ayo left a second later after that, cursing him on they way out. 

Bucky was uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal since. 

There was no snarky remark back to Sam or sarcastic comment to lighten up the mood, he just nodded and followed. Something Bucky told you he'd never ever do after Hydra was follow people. He told you he'd lead. He'd be in charge of his own self, no matter what the situation was. But now, he let Sam, Zemo and you lead. You thought it was because he trusted the three of you, or at least you and Sam, at first but the rate at which his demeanour changed alarmed you. 

The rain that fell an hour prior made the air feel crisp as it filled your nostrils slightly making them sting. You walked slowly but eventually ended up standing directly behind him. His supressed cries grew in volume as you walked closer, making your heart wrench in sympathy. 

You stood behind him slightly to his left, staring at the view in front of you. The city was mostly dark with the occasional car that drove past illuminating the streets and small buildings around. 

   "I thought they trusted me." Bucky's strained voice said. "Out of everyone, I thought the people who set me free trusted me," 

You turned to look down on him and you sat down criss-cross facing him, not the view. You could see the outlines of where his tears previously fell on his cheeks and the blood shot eyes that drooped with tiredness. Without thinking, you reached up and wiped the single tear that was still making it's way down his cheek with your thumb. The gaps in between your fingers were filled with his hair as you gently brushed through his curls. His eyes shut at the sensation but that didn't stop his tears. 

   "They do trust you. They wouldn't of helped you otherwise." You whispered, tilting your head slightly, never stopping your hand from roaming his hair. He shook his head and moved it so he was looking at his feet that hung from the edge of the building. 

   "They wouldn't of make it removable." His voice was more defined as he spoke up. "In case I turned again. In case I became too big of a threat I-" His chin trembled while he tried to speak up. "I thought- They removed my words right? So I thought they were sure I can't turn again." 

You tried to supress your own tears. Seeing your best friend and crush in such hysterics make your insides churn in sadness, sending ripples of guilt flow through you too. You sighed, removing your hand from his hair and moving it to grab his metal arm. You interlocked your fingers with his, showing him that you trusted him. "They did remove them. I was there when Ayo said them and you didn't turn, remember?"

His gaze turned to you. He just looked you in your eyes and tried his best to smile despite the clear mental pain he was in. You placed your cheek on his shoulder and exhaled loudly, letting him put his cheek on the top of your head. "How long have you been out here?" You asked in a hushed tone as you caressed his metal knuckles.

You felt him shrug gently. "A couple hours maybe." 

   "In the cold?" You lifted your head, furrowing your eyebrows. 

   "I'm a super soldier, stupid." He chuckled lowly through his strained voice. 

   "Oh." You relaxed your eyebrows. "I forgot," Both your giggles filled the air as you locked eyes realising how idiotic it sounded that you forgot. You placed your free hand on your eyes and covered them in embarrassment, sighing aloud. 

Once your chuckles died down, you stood up not letting go of Bucky's hand for a second. He didn't move, just stared at you trying to lift him up by his arm. "Come on, Buck. We have to find Walker early." You said smiling. "You need sleep,"

He huffed but followed you back into the quiet and eerie house. You walked through the corridors until you reached the sleeping bag on the floor where Bucky was supposed to sleep. 

Before he let go of you, he wrapped both his arms around your waist pulling your back against his chest and nuzzling his nose into the crook of your neck. "Stay with me," He mumbled into your skin while inhaling in tiredness. You simply nodded and you both got into Bucky's sleeping bag. 

The bag was small but it fit the both of you perfectly. Your head rested on his chest and arms wrapped around his torso tightly keeping him close. You had no choice but to intertwine your legs with his because of the small proximity of the bag but you didn't mind. His body heat warmed you up almost immediately when he enveloped you in a comforting embrace. 

You listened to his heart beat until you where sure he was sleeping, then let slumber overcome you too. 

You woke up to Sam shouting "WAKE UP LOVEBIRDS," on top of his lungs. You flinched at the sudden noise and heard Bucky groan dramatically and nuzzle you even closer than you were. You huffed a laugh and placed you head back down onto Bucky's chest trying to wake your body up. 

   "I'm going to kick him," Bucky said into your hair in his morning voice causing you to shiver. 

   "Go ahead," You replied, trying to supress a laugh. 

Vote if you enjoy, it helps so much!