Heat

I watched the Martian yesterday and SEB WAS SO CUTE IN IT OMGGGGG

anyway

I found this on Pinterest on I thought it was cute lol.

---

It was rare, but sometimes your skin would give off heat, almost like a fever because of a mission gone wrong 4 months ago. A radioactive bomb went off when you and the team were infiltrating a Hydra base. It, somehow, seeped into your skin and into your blood stream making your flesh burn like a radiator from time to time.

Despite the lava feeling that burnt through your flesh, the oversized hoodie and tiny shorts you were wearing allowed air to hit your skin, cooling it down a small notch. Your bare feet waddled towards the kitchen in the darkness, not wanting to wake up others that were lucky enough to be asleep.

Lately, the pain was more constant and consecutive and to make matters worse, the pain increased to excruciating at times and nothing would help it. Sometimes you'd even lay on the kitchen island, that was made of marble, just to cool down your skin. Ice packs and the kitchen island were the only things that would bring a tiny bit of relief to your body, not even cold showers would help anymore.

The team was worried, of course, but there wasn't anything they could do about it. Even Bruce worked tirelessly for 3 months to try to find a cure but nothing seemed to help despite his efforts. You told him to stop looking after the 3rd month, worried for his health more than yours.

With the last amount of energy you had left, you rushed over to the freezer and pulled out an icepack, immediately putting it onto your arms and spreading it around your body slowly. The exhale that left your mouth wasn't one which represented relief. It was more of a temporary reassurance that you weren't burning alive.

You shut your eyes trying to absorb the coolness of the ice as you moved it so it was pressed up against your stomach, lifting up your shirt momentarily then letting it fall down over your arm. Regardless how numb your skin felt, you carried on pressing the icepack onto certain areas around your body, any that are weren't covered with clothes. Soon enough, the icepack melted making it useless to you.

Groaning, you threw the icepack onto the counter before you jumped onto it, reaching to open one of the kitchen windows. With it being winter, the inside was almost always being heated up. So when the cold air from outside hit you in the face, you sighed with true momentary relief. But your skin started to heat up again after a couple of minutes.

You didn't move. Simply enjoyed and cherished the coldness that emitted from outside despite it barely doing anything. Your body sat in one of the counters for a while, back facing the window as air blew onto you.

The sound of footsteps disrupted your silence. Looking up, you saw a very sleepy Bucky. His hair messed up as he combed it with his hand, putting it up into a little man bun. A couple of strands of hair escaped the grip of the bobble, making him look extremely cute. If you weren't in so much pain you would of blushed or made fun of it. But whatever movement you made made your flesh flare in agony.

You winced as you tried to lift your head further. Your neck felt like someone was cutting it off with a hot knife, slowly and painfully, purposely designed to make it hurt more. Of course the team knew about your 'thing' but neither of them knew what to do, so they just supported you and tried to help as much as they could.

Tears brimmed your eyes, threatening to escape like a dam about to break. Within a second, Bucky was by your side putting his hands either side of your body on the counter.

"Hey, hey." He whispered bending down to make eye contact with you slightly. "That bad?"

His voice was soft, that of an angel. With him being so close you caught a glimpse of what he was wearing. A black, tight, shirt that wrapped around each of his muscles perfectly with simple grey sweatpants. You barely managed to hum a 'mhm' before a tear slipped down your cheek, rolling down your hot skin.