Sacrifices

The mission went further than south. It went every direction it wasn't supposed to go in. A mission like no other, get in, download the information, get out. What you didn't expect was that HYDRA knew what your plan was and where each avenger would go and try to find the information.

     You stepped into the engine room, fully ready at whatever was going to come at you. A few steps behind you was Bucky. Your boyfriend of 2 years. Both of you walking silently, taking in your surrounding.

     The controls were spread around the compact room. Blue papers scattered all over the small tables. They looked like instructions. You picked up one of the rolls of paper and unravelled it.

     'I told you I'd find you (y/n)' the paper read.

     "Buck, we have to go-" you turned around to face him but he was gone. No signs of the super soldier. You placed your finger to your ear and pressed the small button on your comms device. Crouching down in case someone entered into the room.

     "Guys we have to go," you demanded through gritted teeth already making your way to where Bucky must have gone. You were met with nothing but static noises in your ears and the voice of the person you despised most.

    Pierce.

    "We disabled your comms and your friends are in a cell. Comply and I'll let them go," he said calmly behind you. You spun around to face him, clutching your gun that was attached to the holster on your thigh.

    "What do you want from me?" You asked, voice desperate.

    "Come back to us, serve me again. You could use your full potential here," he gave you a half smirk.

    "I'd rather die," you growled. Gripping your gun tighter, ready to pull and shoot any second.

    He looked down at your hand that was firmly gripping your gun. "I wouldn't do that," he explained, then he pointed to the corner of the room. A camera. "There's guards on the other side of that wall and they can see your every move. They are to shoot every one of your friends if you make a move. You choose,"

    "How do I know you aren't lying?" You asked confidently.

    He pulled out his phone and showed you the screen. Natasha and Steve tied to a metal pole. Was it vibranium? Natasha didn't seem to be awake and Steve also looked half asleep. "The rest are in other cells. They are slowly suffocating (y/n). Choose faster,"

    You panicked, you promised yourself you'd never join HYDRA or obey them again. After being tortured for 8 years you promised yourself you'd destroy every single HYDRA base ever to exist. But now your friends lives were at stake, you had no choice to. Of course you could have killed Pierce and walked out of there alive, but these people gave you a second chance. Something you thought you'd never get. You owed these people your life. So be it.

   "Okay," you breathed. You let go of the gun slowly and put your arms up allowing him to get the better of you. 2 guarded men emerged from behind you, one grabbed your gun from your thigh and threw it across the room harshly. The other kicked the back of your knee which made you kneel in front of Pierce who was snickering at the sight in front of him.

    "You're easier than I thought you were,"

     The guarded man who previously threw your gun across the room was now putting a muzzle on your face from behind. He tilted your head backwards for better access to your mouth. When he was done, he pushed your head down to look at the floor, cuffed your arms together, and lifted you up by your upper arm.

    Hair fell into your eyes as you stood up, the air coming from your nose as you breathed into the muzzle made the lose stands of hair fly up and down. You could barely breathe, your eyes showed nothing but exasperation and fury towards Pierce.

    The men lead you out the room and forced you to look down into the ground. All you heard is a faint "Take her to them," from Pierce to the guards and you were led away.

    Your body had no desire to fight. No energy. You just wanted Bucky to be okay.

     As long and your friends and Bucky were safe. You repeated in your head, trying to convince yourself everything would be okay.

     The men led you into a narrow and concrete heavy corridor, they turned sharply left causing you to yelp. They opened the steel door to reveal each one of your friends sitting in a chair, very alive, but handcuffed to the seat.

    The first person you saw was Bucky, his eyes were apologetic as he looked up from the ground towards you. You looked at Natasha next, who had drops of blood dripping down her forehead and into her eyes. Clint and Steve were next to Natasha, Clint looked barely alive but breathing. Steve didn't even look at you, his eyes filled with tears. Tony sat next to Steve, without his suit which you guessed was destroyed with HYDRAs vibranium weapons. 

    Not even a second later, Pierce came into the room. "So you don't think I'm a liar (y/n)," he stated. "I'm letting them go, in front of you," he smiled standing next to Tony.

     He took out a silver key and unlocked Tony's handcuffs, then Steve's, then Clint's, then Natasha, then finally Bucky's. They all had guards pointing guns at each their heads in case they tried to do anything.

    You silently thanked Fury for not letting Wanda, Pietro and Peter on this mission.

    "And her?" Tony asked Pierce, nodding his head at you. You'd smiled but of course they couldn't see because of the muzzle covering your mouth.

    "She gave herself up for all of you," Pierce explained. All your friends looked at you with nothing but sadness in their eyes. Steve mouthed 'I'm so sorry' towards you and you nodded your head at him.

     "No, take me, leave her," Bucky pleaded, tears escaping the corners of his eyes already. "Please," he breathed heavily. Leaping towards you, trying to protect you. The guards caught him and pinned him to the floor.

    "Sorry Winter, we need her more than you. Everyone out before I shoot all of you," he said pointing first at the group of avengers then at you, who's head was hanging low, eyes in your feet.

    As the guards harshly kicked the back of your knee once again, you kneeled in front of your friends and looked up to Bucky who was being dragged by 2 other guards out of the room. The rest of them following.

    "I love you," you said loud and clear enough for him to hear even through the thick piece of material clipped to your face.

     "This isn't goodbye, doll. I'll see you again, I promise." He sniffled through his silent sobs that escaped him. He still tried to escape the grip of the two guards leading him away but they were too strong.

    Tony was next to speak, "We'll find you," he warned Pierce harshly as he was also being pulled out of the room. None of your other friend said anything, Natasha tried to escape the guards towards you but was pulled away before she would say goodbye. Clint was being dragged out of the room by Steve who was helping him walk. Steve gave you one of the tiniest smiles and nodded his head to which you returned the gesture.

    Like that, they were gone. God knew when you'd see them again.
          IF you'd ever see them again.

Please vote if you enjoy, it helps so much!

Part 2?