Storms

Words: 422

This came out way longer than I expected it to. 

Enjoy :)

     The storm going on outside your window didn't help your fear of thunder. 

     You shrieked when the sound of lightening filled your ears. You grabbed the blanket that was covering your shivering body over your head as you curled up your legs towards your chest, holding them close. Your eyes firmly shut together trying to focus on anything other than the sounds emitting from your large window.

     You've always been terrified of storms, ever since you were small. The idea of something as beautiful as the weather hurting anyone scared you a lot. It was silly really. You, a dangerous assassin, scared of the weather? You killed more people than you could count, but then again, you were still human, and everyone has their fears. And there was nothing wrong with that...as long as no one saw you.

     Your head was in your hands and your legs still tucked tightly to your chest when you heard the door open slowly. You cursed silently and uncovered your face trying not to flinch every time the thunder struck. You opened your eyes trying to act normal when Bucky came into view. You immediately relaxed as he smiled at you. 

    "Its alright, doll." He whispered as he pulled the covers gently up and slid down to lay beside you. His arm was rested over your waist as you grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to you. You placed your head on his chest and snuggled up to him. "What's wrong?" he asked gently. 

     You chuckled nervously and his grip tightened on you in concern.

     "Its stupid," you stated. "You'll laugh." 

     "We'll see, tell me." 

      Almost your whole body was on top of his, your head made its way to the crook of his neck and he shivered as he felt your breath on the side of his neck. Both of his arms wrapped around your waist tightly, reassuring you that you were safe.

      "Sorry, you're warm," you giggle. "Storms suck," you mumbled against his skin already feeling calmer. 

      He chuckled as he played with your hair. "I know," he breathed. 

      Your eyes closed shut at the sensation and you relaxed into his body heat. You didn't know when it happened but you fell asleep faster than you'd expected, Bucky soon followed. 

---

     You opened your eyes to the sun shining through the light blinds you had in your room. The light perfectly reflected off of Bucky's flawless skin. You stared at him for a bit, hoping he didn't wake up because he'd tease you about it for weeks like last time. You smiled to yourself.      

     How'd I get so lucky?

Please vote if you enjoy, it helps so much!