Giving up

Bucky's steps grew faster and louder as he ran through the halls of they hydra facility. He gripped his gun tighter, fighting the urge to scream out your name.

   They took you. They took you from him, and it was his fault. He should have been protecting you. He should have been there.

   He shook his head trying to get the thought out of his head. He swore that if anything happened to you, he'd kill anyone and everyone in his path.

   He stopped running when he reached the cell where you were supposed to be kept in. He kicked down the door and there he saw you.

   Your limp body was sitting on the floor. Your hands were tied to 2 chains that went all the way up to the ceiling. Your skin contrasted bright white as blood dripped down your forehead to your nose.

   He sprinted over to you and shot the chains off. Your spine gave out and you collapsed to the floor with a grunt. Bucky caught you and placed your head in his lap. He held you close as he tried not to cry at the sight in front of him.

   Your body was bruised and your skin was so white he could see the veins in your body. He could see the actual life drain from your face slowly as he caressed your cheek with his hand.

   He knew you wouldn't make it. You knew you shouldn't make it. He didn't want you to go in sadness so he told you the story of the first time the two of you met.

   You chuckled as he told you the story, ignoring the pain, trying to make him happy. He smiled down at you as a tear dropped from his eyes into your shoulder.

   "Bucky..." you whispered reaching up to his face slowly.
   "Let me go, bubs,"

   "No," he breathed "please no, not yet," he sobbed.

   "Don't shut everyone out. Let Steve take care of you," your voice was sore and croaky. "I love you..." you said as your eyes drained of its colour and your body relaxed into him.

   He pulled you up and he put us head in your hair, sobbing pleads and your name knowing fully, that you were gone.

   You didn't even get to hear him say I love you back...

Please vote if you enjoy, it helps so much!