Chapter 24: The Forest Training Camp

Class 1-A was on a bus. Heading to the oh-so magical forest training camp. Some were bored, some were talking, others were sitting around being edgy and listening to Sub Urban. Y'know, regular high school stuff.

"Y'know, it's kinda funny how UA can afford buses and fake cities but not a good sound system-" Sero whispered into Ochaco's ear, who was still  s h o o k e t h. There were bags under her eyes, and her face still had that blank slate look.

"Did you guys hear about the attack on 1-B yesterday?" Mina Ashido jumped in, announcing that SO loud. Especially when Sero was literally across from her. Talk about an earache.

"Oh yeah! Wasn't it all over the news?" Kirishima said, breaking off from his one-sided conversation with Bakugou.

"Hey, Mr. Aizawa! Weren't you there! Give us the inside details." Kaminari proclaimed, pointing a finger at the tired pro hero, who was still thinking about the encounter. 

"No."

"See! I told you that he was gonna say no!" Kirishima exclaimed, laughing as Kaminari pouted.

As the chatter began weaning away from 1-B and towards other topics, one Tenya Iida was super excited. It was soon the day that he had been waiting for his whole life! The beginning of the end.

Soon, the class made it to a clearing overlooking this huge green forest. Some were grateful for a supposed 'bathroom break', while others were more skeptical. Kumo knew what was going to happen. Of course, she did. Knowing anything and everything was absolutely necessary.

A black limousine pulled up, similar to the one that the AFO: HM group rode in on the way to the report. Aizawa stared at the limo expectantly, while Kumo's shadow began stretching towards a few select members of the class...

Honestly? Kumo didn't care about whatever the pro heroes and her teacher had to say. She either already knew it, or just straight up didn't care. So when the Wild Wild Pussycats began introducing themselves, and Izuku made a supposedly rude remark about their age? Kumo didn't care. Although her shadow had begun to creep into the shadows of a few others.

"No... You can't..." Kaminari muttered before walking back towards the bus. Sero also tried to do the same, only to find that he couldn't move. Like, at all.

Pixie-Bob slammed the ground with her cat paws, and everyone was tossed off the cliff. Except for Tenya, Momo, Ochaco, Hanta, and Kumo. Hanta desperately broke out of the shadow thing. He didn't like the feeling of being restricted.

"What the hell was that?" Sero said as he tugged a strand of hair in annoyance.

"I call it Shadow Possession. I can freeze you to the spot by having my shadow touch yours! Isn't it cool!"

Aizawa stared at Kumo. So did Mandalay and Pixie-Bob, as they weren't expecting anyone to stay back. While Kumo was caught off guard, however, the blonde hero made the ground shake again, causing them to get tossed off the ledge

"Oww! Dammit..." Kumo got up, looking a bit upset as she helped up her AFO comrades. "I expect that our classmates have moved on without us! The tragedy!" Before any of the others could respond, she cut them off. "However, I do believe that I could get us there before them. Hold on..."

The shadows enveloped them, and suddenly, they were gone.

-----------------------------

Kirishima had been thinking. About what exactly? His new classmate. Ever since Ashi had shown up, people had been acting weirder and weirder. Sero wasn't hanging around them anymore. Yaoyorozu seemed warier. Uraraka looked depressed. And Iida? He was acting really different. Like really, REALLY different. And he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Now it wasn't as if people didn't change. Really, change was a good thing. But Ashi had made them change for the worse, and it gave him questions. Why does Yaoyorozu avoid fights now? Why isn't Uraraka talking as much? Why is Iida hiding in the shadows like Tokoyami instead of being out and about like he usually is? Why is Sero always wearing those weird headphones? Scratch that, what's UP with Sero?? He had been acting very different since returning from his internship, always reaching up to his ears, twisting this ring on his finger that he could've sworn was NEVER there before, and just generally being really shady.

Not to mention the mall. Dear God, the mall. Why were they talking about Shigaraki like he was an everyday occurrence? He understood Kumo, seeing as she's never met him, but the USJ kids? They should be traumatized, and not just talking about the villain that tried to kill them all willy nilly.

Also, something else was bugging him. REALLY bugging him.

Where and why did Kumo even come?

When it was announced that there was going to be an exchange student from America, Kirishima did some research, because he was curious. But he found nothing. Most of it was stuck behind walls and walls of code, and some were just simply unknown. America basically had no information back until 2087. So what changed?

----------------------------

"How did you beat us again?" The three pro heroes were staring at the group of 5 students.

"Teleportation. Shadow Travel. Whatever you wanna call it. Although doing it was sorta risky... We could've ended up basically anywhere." Kumo said sheepishly.

"What do you mean risky??? If it was, why didn't you just NOT do it?" Sero proclaimed as Momo nodded in agreement.

"Because practice makes perfect, Tapehead."

"Whatever. Since you got here early, you're gonna help Pixie-Bob and Mandalay with making food for the others." Aizawa said, tired of their stupid banter.

"Alright! Everyone! Assemble and be ready to help." Iida said, doing his signature hand chop, albeit fakely.

L a t e r . . .

"Wow! This food is really good!" Kaminari said as they gulped down the already prepared food. Truth be told, it was good!

"I bet I could make better, Dunce Face." Bakugou said as he also ate, albeit slowly than the others.

"Aww. Thanks guys!" Kumo gushed, fake tears streaming from her eyes. "All your compliments are just. So. KIND!" 

"Yeah yeah, whatever. At least our work payed off." Sero muttered.

"That does remind me. How did you guys get here so much faster than us?" Kirishima said.

"Magic." All heads turned to Ochaco, who had spoken for the first time. 

"Magic?"

"Magic." 

However, what the group didn't know was that someone lurked in the trees, ever so watching...

M e a n w h i l e . . .

"Aww! Those cute compliments make my heart go Doki Doki!" Dabi groaned as that same annoying voice came through the earpiece. He had been ordered as the Leader of the Vanguard Action Squad, and yet he was still taking orders from someone else.

"Shut up Subject KH: KM."

"I said you should call me Hane-chan! Not some weird experimental nickname!"

"I don't care."

"What are our orders?" Dabi muttered into the earpiece, quite done with the two girl's banter.

"Attack. Capture the two targets. Do not hurt anyone that we have shown your prior. Everyone else is fair game. If anyone asks, say the person you are capturing is Bakugou. Also..." The voice went quite. "Make sure to keep Muscular in check. I'm not there, so who knows what he'll screw up."

"Oh wow Kamino! That was so cool!"

"Shut up...Hane-chan."

"But just remember. Anything is possible! All you gotta do, is make it so!"

Dabi groaned and shut off the earpiece before explaining again what they were going to do the next night. All the while, he was still reeling from self-shame.

"How did I let myself get bossed around by a bunch of kids..."