Chapter 8: Hero Names and a Large Syringe

Kumo sighed before shutting off her holo-screen. She hadn't thought of a theme for this Hunger Games, and that means no arena, no drawing, no NOTHING.

She checked the time and her five black eyes widened. She was going to be late for school! Not only that, but she was hoping on checking out the new recruit that her friends had texted about. She hastily threw on her uniform, checked to make sure a knife and her trusty mask were in her backpack, and sped off to school, not caring that using your quirk in public is strictly prohibited.

She arrived in front of UA just to see 4 heads walking together, two with a signature lavender tint.

"HEY GUYS! Who's the new recruit!" Kumo sped over to Neito, Kamino, and Hitoshi. The new recruit turned so that Kumo could fully see their face, but she was astounded by what she saw.

"YAO-MOMO? Your hair! You look so weird!" Ashi exclaimed while waving her hands all over this new girl

"YAO-MOMO? Your hair! You look so weird!" Ashi exclaimed while waving her hands all over this new girl. This wasn't the preppy rich girl that got into UA on recommendation named Yaoyorozu. No. This was a much more dangerous, disciplined, and experienced girl named Momo. Just Momo.

"I know right? I still don't understand why I had to cut it, but Kamino doesn't!" Momo pouted. Scratch that. Maybe she isn't as experienced as we thought.

"Remember, it's tradition to cut your hair short after joining a squad. I'm sure one of the Shinsou's taught you that." Neito gestured to the two lavender eyed kids. "Besides, Kamino's hair will just grow back after a day, and it benefits her quirk! So there isn't any point in cutting it."

"Right. I never actually knew what your quirks were. I mean, Hitoshi told me after I asked, but I was too busy learning with you to have room for questions." Momo said.

"But Momo-chan! Why don't you ask about MY quirks!" Kumo suggested as the quintet walked through the hallways.

"Kumo, we all don't want to be here for half an hour listening to you boast about your stupid quirks," Shinsou said.

Ashi pouted, a weird look for the tall, energetic girl. "You're just jealous because you only have two." She muttered.

"This is our stop guys. We'll see you at lunch?" Momo stopped at the absurdly large door that has 1-A on it. Kumo and Momo walked through the door.

"I still can't believe that your side piece is almost longer than your actual hair," Kumo muttered again. Momo just sighed before taking a swig of bleach from her newfound flask.

"You need to calm down. It's not like anyone will say anything-"

"OMG YAOMOMO! WHEN DID YOU GET YOUR HAIR CUT!?" Momo was bombarded with questions by the girls. She gave a pleading look to Kumo, who only smirked before leaving her to the dogs.

Kumo kinda spaced out in her seat until she heard 'internships', and Nemuri Kayama, aka Midnight, burst through their door.

"Cause you'll have hell to pay later!" She said in all her tight skinned, bust bouncing glory.

Kumo stared at the board she was given. She didn't know WHAT her hero name should be. She watched everyone go up with their flashy names, and her heart plummeted, although she would never let it show, as frowning brings wrinkles.

She looked at her board again before thinking something. She walked up to the front of the class.

"I'm the Powerhouse: Black Arachnid!"  She confidently, slamming her board down on the podium.

"The Powerhouse and Arachnid part fit you!" Midnight said. "But what about the Black?"

Kumo only chuckled. "That's part of my hero costume."

Every normal person would've been just fine with that statement, but Momo grew very, VERY afraid.

----------------------

"Who are you interning with, Kumo?" Momo asked the tall girl once class had ended. 

"Probably Endeavor." Todoroki heard this and silently glared at the dark-skinned girl.

"1 like = 1 prayer for Endeavor's everything," Momo whispered to her, causing Ashi to laugh out loud.

"Ooh! That reminds me." Kumo reached into her bag and pulled out a HUGE syringe. It was about the size of the girl's foot, with a thick container and a massive needle shaped suspiciously like the markings on a Black Widow.

"SUGOI! Where did you get that!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"From my dad, of course," Kumo repeated. Momo looked quite afraid while gazing at the big syringe.

"It has your holo chip in it. It's so you don't have to use your phone anymore." Kumo whispered in Momo's ear. The now short-haired girl nodded reluctantly before holding her arm out. The class watched with disgust and mild awe as Kumo inserted the large needle into Momo's forearm. She pulled it out just as quickly.

"Off to Recovery Girl!" Kumo said as blood started spurting out of the 1-inch wound. "It bleeds a bit."

L a t e r . . .

Momo was hanging around in Recovery Girl's office. Turns out Kumo hit an artery, which meant that she needed to stay there for a bit. Ashi opened the door and closed it silently before staring at the black-haired girl.

"We have a party to attend," Kumo said. "Tonight at 9 pm, the biggest party is going to be hosted."

"But I thought you had the best parties?" Momo asked, slightly confused. Kumo grinned at her. "I'm second. Number 1 is the one and only Tenya."

Momo's eyes widened. "You mean THAT Tenya? How? I thought Tensei was in the hospital!" 

"Tenya owns the Engine Casino in Las Vegas," Kumo said. "His parties are wild, and since Tensei's in the hospital, this time it's being hosted by our one and only."

"But don't we have internships tomorrow?" Momo asked, still unsure about the whole thing. "We have portal users, teleporters, light travelers, and so much more. We can get back to Japan faster than 15 minutes." Kumo got up and walked around her bed.

"So what do you say? Wanna attend the greatest party you've ever been to?" Kumo asked.

"Sure I guess... But no drinking for me!" Momo said.

Kumo only smiled.

"Whatever you say, Creati."