Chapter 12: Stain vs Despair

MINOR DANGANRONPA SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath in.

Breath out.

Breath-

Okay, this is getting boring.

Tenya Iida didn't know how he had gotten into this situation. One minute he was safe and sound interning with Manual, and the next, he was lying in front of the Hero Killer with serious injuries. 

Stain raised the sword in his hand over the boy's neck. "Are you ready to die?"

"Seriously?"

He paused. "What?"

"Are you seriously gonna off me like that? C'mon man, if you're gonna kill me, might as well do it with pizzaz." Iida was on a rant now. "Like my bear idol. Drop me from a high well after climbing a rope of thorns. Crush me under a spiked piano after getting hung for 10 hours. Have me get hit by 1,000 baseballs. I don't care. But make it CREATIVE."

Stain was astounded. He subconsciously took a step back. This was the next generation of heroes?

"...Are you really a hero?" Stain said after a moment of silence. The navy-haired boy merely laughed. "I'm not a hero, was never a hero, and will never be a hero."

"Weren't you ranting about your brother earlier?" Stain asked confused. Iida laughed again.

"That was a lie! Ingenium was some random dude I found that looked like me that I brainwashed. He was never anything. Once he got injured by you, I poisoned his food. He never breathed again."

The scarf-wearing male was again taken aback by this point. Did he kill someone? Or is that another lie that he was beginning to realize occurred practically everywhere? "But... What about your friends? Surely you care about them?" Stain was desperate at this point. Even though he was the Hero Killer, seeing this kid so full of... of... DESPAIR made him almost frustrated.

"A video is scheduled to air a bit after the School Festival takes place." Iida chuckled. "If you aren't in Tartarus by then, you'll see it alright. But even if you are, you'll hear about it, via guards or some ****." His eyes seemed to begin to swirl. "It'll plunge hero society in such deep despair that it'll drown there for eternity!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Deku charged into the alleyway, seemingly seeing but not hearing the ordeal going on between Stain and Iida. He punched him square in the face, and Stain staggered backward.

"Midoriya! You're here!" Iida exclaimed in his 'normal' voice. Inside, he was cursing.

"Oh, sh*t, I forgot Native was here... I'll have to kill him to make sure he doesn't tell anyone what happened." He thought as he slyly formed his chosen weapon in his hand. A good old AK-47, although he could change it to a revolver for close-range purposes. He cocked it silently while Midoriya and Stain were fighting, aimed at his head, and...

FWOOM!

BANG!

Fire went up as a gun rang out, successfully meeting its target. Deku stared wide-eyed at the now deceased Native as Iida deactivated his gun and it went away with a light grey glow. Todoroki, who had also just appeared, looked at Native who had a fresh bullet wound in his head.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" Deku charged Stain again, still believing that he was the one who killed the injured pro hero. Meanwhile, Todoroki was still a bit skeptical but continued charging into the alleyway. Iida was now thanking Atua that he wasn't caught by Todoroki and Deku. 

"Cause two can't keep a secret if one of them is dead." Iida sang in his head. Oh yeah. The quirk that Stain 'put' on him? It had no effect, as since the training in America is so extreme, they can escape low-class paralyzation quirks.

Iida spotted Stain drink Midoriya's blood, and so he decided to start monologuing about how great Ingenium was, and how he was Tenya's hero, blah blah blah.

Yah, Stain didn't believe him. It's not that his act wasn't convincing, of course, but after the huge rant he had gone on prior about shoving hero society into the grips of despair, you can understand how he was a bit... skeptical. Nevertheless, he aimed for Todoroki's arm, wanting to cut it off...

CRACK!

Stain's sword snapped clean in half as Iida got up and kicked it. His face showed an expression of boredom, however, but the two UA students failed to notice it. Stain, however, did not.

"I WON'T LET YOU HURT THEM!" Iida shouted, then quickly mouthed: "You know too much."

"Byeonara!~" He whispered before kicking him in the jaw, knocking Stain out cold. Iida stopped, panting as he saw Stain's body fall to the ground. 

"Wow! You guys did it!" Midoriya exclaimed from the ground.

"***** I was about to die and candy cane over there was about to lose an arm and all you say is 'You did it?' I think the **** not." Iida said in perfect English.

"What did you say?" Deku asked, and Iida just dismissed it. "Nothing, nothing... What do we do with him now?"

As soon as the navy haired male finished the phrase, Endeavor and a few other pro heroes came through the alleyway.

"HEY! Are you okay?" One asked. Iida didn't really know how to respond. He was okay, but he had a feeling that the others were going to think that something was up if something wasn't okay. So he did the smart thing. He saw Stain moving out of the corner of his eye, formed his gun in his hand and concealed it from view, and shot himself in the shoulder.

BANG!

Stain was startled. Who wouldn't be? I mean, some teen who was supposed to be in the hero course was a murderer, obsessed with despair, and had now just shot himself in the shoulder. The big bang drew the attention to the back of the alleyway, where Stain was standing currently, and they wasted no time tying him up.

The Hero Killer knew it was probably the end of his career as a villain, but even during his own arresting, Stain couldn't help but stare at Tenya Iida, who had a smirk on his face before the navy-haired male quickly faded into unconsciousness.