Chapter 4: The Second Round

"Woo! Go Hitoshi! America would be proud!" Monoma cheered as Shinsou left the field. Shinsou chuckled. "Yeah yeah. But my Apple watch is broken." Shinsou guilty held up his wrist.

"What about that chip prototype you were working on?"Kumo asked, once again reappearing from the shadows, her tall stature looming over the two boys.

Shinsou visibly brightened. "Right! I finished the chip last night, I just need to ship it to AFO so he can copy it and distribute it en mass! I'll do it now!" He tapped his other wrist, which held another apple watch, and a ping sounded. "There! Finished."

Monoma then froze. "Wait a minute. If you're here, then who's taking care of Technology back in America?"

Shinsou just smacked his head. "Remember. We have JETS, Neito. I don't know how you keep on forgetting that."

"Well, why don't you just teleport? You and Kumo can both do that."

"Remember, I can only travel through screens that are on, and Kumo can only travel short distances. Besides, it takes up a lot of energy."

"Oop! Time for the next match! Get out there Neito!" Kumo said, trying to dispel the growing tension.

--------------------------

"To start the second round of the Sports Festival, we have the ruthless MONOMA NEITO vs the literally DEFINITION of speed, TENYA IIDA! 3...2...1...GO!" Present Mic shouted.

Iida runs at Monoma with lightning speed and tries to get his hands on both of his shoulders, but Monoma jumps a good 6 feet into the air, latches his legs around Iida's neck, and flips him out of bounds.

"AND TENYA IIDA IS OUT OF BOUNDS! MONOMA PROCEEDS TO THE NEXT ROUND!" Present Mic says while Midnight cracks her whip.

"Why isn't he doing any physical damage to his opponent? It seems he's purposely avoiding hurting his enemy, although based on Vlad King's word, he's the most ruthless person in Class 1-B, especially against Class 1-A. So what happened?" Aizawa thought.

"Again! This 'Monoma' kid is DECIMATING us!" Kaminari whined as he put his head in his hands. Kumo appeared next to him. "Monoma's been working since he was 7; it would've been surprising if he WASN'T kicking butt."

Everyone jumped at the new arrival. Midoriya's eyes sparkled though; this was finally the time he could ask Kumo some questions!

"A-ashi-san! What's your quirk? What's with the eyes? How do you know Shinsou and Monoma? Are you from America? If so, what's it like there?" Midoriya began ranting.

"I invite you to the Spider's Web," Kumo said, placing two of her hands on the sides of Izuku's face.

Midoriya's pupil's dilated and was replaced by a red hourglass. "I would love to visit the Spider's Web."

"There. He needed to shut up. Blabbing wouldn't get him anywhere." Kumo harrumphed and sat down again.

"Deku? You okay?" Uraraka tried to touch his shoulder, but she was quickly slapped away by Izuku. "Mistress has invited me to the Spider's Web. I would hate to leave it so soon."

"EH?!" Class 1-A shouted. They looked at her and she just shrugged before the shadows covered her figure, and she was gone.

Kumo reappeared next to Monoma, who was currently watching Shinsou's match "What did you do?" He asked, knowing something happened based on the look in her black empty eyes.