Prologue

One week 'til I'm reunited with my best friend <3

I felt my lips pull into a giddy smile as I hit the post button on my Instagram picture of Tyler and me. I remembered that day like it was yesterday. The day Tyler proposed to me, it had to have been the best day of my life. It was such a nice summer night in Boston, so he decided to take me to B&G Oysters in the South End. Their outdoor patio was draped with pretty lights, and Tyler had secretly called ahead made sure they had my favorite wine in stock with the bottle waiting on the table for us.

He had insisted I wore the red dress that he adored on me, and he even paid for me to get my nails done earlier that day. With all the pampering, I probably should have assumed something special was happening, but Tyler was always the type to spoil me. Even when I asked him not do, he always bought me gifts and took me places I would have never imagined going before I met him. He always insisted that I deserved the world, and he was determined to give it to me.

The people at the restaurant had been informed of his plan, so they made sure everyone on the patio was dressed nice and acting casual. It still makes me giggle when I remember the little girl in a pink dress poking me and asking if I loved Tyler while he was away from the table in the bathroom. I later learned that he, in fact, wasn't in the bathroom. He was retrieving the ring from his best friend, Brad Marchand, because the dumbass had left it at home.

I was snapped out of my daydreams when my phone began to ring out loud. Another grin pulled at my lips as I hit 'Answer.'

"Hello," I answered Tyler's call as I picked myself up off the couch.

"Hey, baby," he replied. "Just got home from practice, and I figured I would let you know I'm headed out to lunch with Jamie." Jamie Benn. He and Tyler had instantly hit it off after Ty got traded down to Dallas. It was like instant friends. He got traded the day after we got engaged. I had insisted that he went out to Dallas as soon as he could to familiarize himself with the area and the team if any of them were still around. I had to stay behind for a while so I could finish up my internship with the Boston Globe. I was the photographers' assistant, and I did actually get to take some pictures in the last few months I was there. But, November had just started, my internship was up, and I was headed out to Dallas to be with Tyler.

"That sounds fun. I'm starting to think I'm being replaced," I teased as I wandered into the kitchen. Living in this apartment since summer had began to feel lonely. I missed having someone to make breakfast for, someone to fall asleep with, and just someone to be with in general. I longed for Dallas, and I could not have been more excited to go.

"Nah, Jamie's cool and all, but he's no you, baby doll," he said. I smiled as I imagined that lopsided grin of his. God, he had the ability to make me feel like a middle school girl. "Alright, I'm going to head out. I love you bunches, Elle."

"I love you bunches, Ty," I replied as a smile involuntarily pulled at my lips. It was still weird for me to hear and say those three little words. Growing up, I never would have imagined myself like this. I would have never pictured having such an amazing guy like Tyler in my life. I had just assumed that nobody was ever going to fall in love with me, because I wasn't anything special, I was just Eleanor Bales. But, somehow, Tyler saw something "special" in me, and since the day we began talking, he managed to bring me out of my closed off shell. He made me feel beautiful, a foreign feeling that I had been missing.

When we got to Boston for his first year in the NHL, he encouraged me to make a new life for myself. He told me to forget all of my high school issues and take the opportunity to reinvent myself. So I did, and Elle the Photographer was born.