One

I anxiously tapped my foot as I waited for the luggage belt to start moving. There were people all around me, waiting. We had all been standing there for a half hour at least. Thank god, the thing finally sprung to life and luggage began to pour out. The woman next to me helped me grab all six of my suitcases, plus my camera bags. I quickly thanked her as I scanned the room for Tyler. He was no where to be found.

I turned in the other direction to see someone holding a sign.

Eleanor Bales

Who in the hell was that? And why did it have Eleanor on it? I ditched that name three years ago in Boston. Whoever it was must've realized I had too much to carry on my own, so they made their way towards me. He was tall and lean, and with his backwards Stars hat, I assumed he was one of Tyler's teammates.

"I'm Jamie Benn," he said, his lips pulling up into a wide smile. "You're Eleanor, right?" He folded the paper into a small square before he stuffed it into the pocket of his jeans.

"Eleanor's my birth name. I prefer Elle," I told him as I returned his bright smile. He stood there for a moment, just kind of glancing down at me. "Where's Ty?" He snapped out of his gaze and brought his eyes to mine. They were this odd hazel type color. Pretty.

"Oh, he's with our massage therapist, he sort of jammed up his shoulder during practice," Jamie explained, his face turning a subtle pink. Why in the hell was he blushing? He quickly changed the subject and fumbled to help me with my luggage. "Have enough suit cases?" I shot a fake glare his way.

"Well, I did just uproot my entire life to come here," I teased, causing Jamie to let out a small laugh.

"Hockey girlfriends, er, fiancées - whatever you prefer - sacrifice a lot," he commented as we made our way towards the exit. This airport was freaking huge.

"You have one?" I asked. I turned to see him shaking his head. He gave a small shrug.

"I haven't dated anyone for two years," he explained. "I really liked my most recent one. Her name was Whitney, and she just couldn't handle the lifestyle, I guess."

"What part of it?" I questioned. He shrugged again.

"Most of it. The parties, the distance factor, the 'hot chicks who wanted me', as she put it," he answered with a soft chuckle. "It's hard to find someone who understands and accepts everything." He looked over at me, his eyes traveling down to my toes and back to my eyes. "Tyler's a lucky, lucky man."

Before I could ask him what that meant, we had reached Jamie's car, and sleek, silver Range Rover. He was silent as we stuffed my luggage into any available space we could find. Once we were all set and on the highway, Jamie spoke again.

"I don't know if Tyler told you, but his apartment building is having some major sewage and air vent issues, so you two are staying with me until they can sort it out," he informed me. I glanced up at him, his eyes focused and glued to the road. "You know," he said as a smile appeared on his lips, "it was probably Tyler's farts and shits that caused this mess."

I laughed along with him because it was true. Ty had the absolute worst smelling gas, and he loved to piss me off by "forgetting" to flush. I loved him to death, but good lord he was smelly.

"Ty told me you were looking for work," he commented after we were done making fun of Tyler.

"Yeah, I am."

"The Stars could use an official photographer," he offered with a smirk. I laughed.

"Yeah, right. Like they'd ever give that job to Seguin's fiancée. Nobody would take me seriously. All I would hear around the rink would be 'She only got the job because she's screwing Seguin.'," I replied. Jamie let out a laugh.

"I'm guessing that's from previous experience?" he teased, glancing over at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Hell yes. I used to have an internship at the Boston Globe. Whenever I got chosen to go photograph Bruins games, everyone assumed that Ty bribed the bosses because I was screwing him. I hardly had any friends, everyone there hated me for no reason."

"Go in and tell them like it is," Jamie said with a shrug. "It's worth a shot. Plus, the Stars staff are pretty laid back, but they do run a tight ship. They'll chose you for your awesome pictures, not your, um, screwing Tyler," he told he, scrunching his face up. I let out a laugh.

"How do you know I have awesome pictures?" I questioned. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as he shot a mischievous grin my way. "Oh my god. Jamie Benn, did you stalk me online?" He let both hands briefly off the steering wheel to put them up in surrender. I giggled.

"I had to know at least something about the girl who's moving in with me and engaged to Segs," he admitted, a smirk still playing at his lips.

"What else did you see?!" I exclaimed. He began laughing harder, and I not so patiently waited for him to calm. I couldn't hide my smile.

"I saw those body shot pictures from the Stanley Cup celebration in 2011," he told me with a laugh. I put my head in my hand and laughed along with him. Being young and foolish as I was, both Ty and I had decided it would be a great idea to convince the all the drunken Bruins to take body shots off of me. I reached across the console to smack Jamie's arm. He pretended it hurt and rubbed it with the other hand.

"I bet you stared too, you pervert," I teased, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You bet," he replied, winking. I playfully rolled my eyes at him as he drove to his designated spot in the parking garage at his apartment building. The place was filled with Audis and other luxury car brands.

"Let's just leave my luggage out here for now," I suggested. "Tyler can come help us later."

When we walked inside, the apartment was empty. Jamie was chewing on the inside of his lip as his eyes scanned the room. He noticed me looking and tried to regain a normal looking expression.

"He must, uh, still be with the massage therapist. She works wonders," he informed me, a somewhat fake looking smile covering his face.

"Jamie, what's going on?"

"Nothing," he answered quickly. He adverted his eyes away from mine. "I don't know about you, but I'm starved." He grabbed his keys off of the counter.

"We just got here," I said with a laugh. He looked down at me at shrugged.

"I'm hungry, and since Ty is taking forever, we might as well go grab something. You in?" he asked as he smiled. I rolled my eyes and turned towards the door.

"Let's go."