Two

"Jamie, this is delicious," I commented, pointing down at my half-eaten cheeseburger. He grinned at me across the table before sticking a French fry into his mouth. "You're a dork."

"I told you it'd be good," he replied with a shrug.

"You never said that, you liar," I tease as I dipped one of my fries in ketchup. His phone buzzed on the table and I saw Tyler's name flash across the screen. Jamie's eyes flicked to mine, and if I didn't know any better, I would say they were filled with some form of panic and worry.

His expression shifted to apologetic as he stepped away from the table to answer him. I glanced down at my phone. No messages.

"Tyler, what the hell?" I heard Jamie say as he walked farther away from the table. Something wasn't right. Tyler was calling his teammate, but he didn't even think to send a text to his fiancée who hasn't seen him in months?

I picked at my food, my appetite slipping away from me. Tyler had always been the type to play games. I had really hoped that he would stop, especially after he proposed, but to no avail. But, regardless of his flaws, I loved him.

"Tyler's just going to hang around the rink," Jamie sighed as he slid back into his seat. "We've got a game and he said he'd rather just chill there. Get some advice from the massage therapist on his shoulder, maybe have it wrapped."

Right on queue, my phone buzzed.

Tyler: So so sorry, baby. I got caught up with the massage therapist and I figured I'd just chill here until after the game. I love you baby. Can't wait to see you!

I then did something I'd never ever done before. I just didn't reply.

•••••••••••••••

Once we got back to the apartment, Jamie took his pre-game nap on the couch while I dragged my luggage in and began to unpack some clothes. I left most everything in there considering we'd be leaving Jamie's place eventually.

I changed into my favorite pair of jeans, a Dallas Stars baseball tee, a loose grey cardigan, and my heeled ankle boots. I wasn't really feeling like going all out tonight, so I went for a messy looking sock bun and just a small bit of mascara and eyeliner.

I headed back into the living room and Jamie was waiting for me, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his suit jacket.

"Your tie is crooked," I commented as we headed towards the door. He looked down at it which caused him to get a double chin. "And now I know why they call you Chubbs!"

"Oh come on, that was a low blow, Eleanor," he replied, winking at the mention of my name. For some odd, unexplainable reason, I liked the way it sounded coming out his mouth. It rolled off his tongue so, so.... beautifully. "Can you fix it?" He looked down at me with those big brown puppy dog eyes, and I grinned to myself as I reached up to fix it for him.

"There. Perfect."

We just stood there for a few silent moments, my fingers lingering on his tie, his eyes boring into mine.

"W-We should, um, go," I stuttered, dropping my hands. Jamie's eyes darted away from mine as he fumbled for the door handle. My cheeks were on fire, and butterflies in my stomach were definitely not going away. What was that?

"Ready?" Jamie asked, holding the door open. I walked out first, knowing fully well that he was more than likely checking out my ass.

••••••••••••••••••

{Jamie}

Good lord, she had a nice ass. There was nothing wrong with just looking, right?

But there is something wrong with flirting with one of your best friend's fiancée, my subconscious yelled at me. I shook my head and tore my eyes off of her perfect butt.

What in the hell was Tyler thinking? This girl was honestly one of the most beautiful girls I had ever laid eyes on, and she wasn't a total bitch like some pretty girls can be. God, I barely knew her, yet I knew that I couldn't just keep this secret from her much longer. I felt like crap, knowing that Tyler was sleeping with half the girls in town, and Elle was clueless.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" she suddenly asked, looking over her shoulder at me. She must've noticed my expression because her smile fell into a frown. She stopped short and turned to face me. "I swear, Jamie, if you don't tell me what's going on right now-"

"Baby!" a voice yelled from behind me, down the hallway. Elle's eyes got wide, and she pushed past me to get to him. Tyler. I felt my nostrils flare out as she jumped up into his arms, her legs wrapped tightly around his torso.

"Perfect timing, Segs, perfect timing," I muttered, continuing to watch as they kissed, for quite some time, I might add.

I couldn't help but wonder if she'd still want to do that if she knew where that mouth had been.