Sixteen

Elle❤️
Hurry back to Toronto.... I'm lonely!

Jamie😛
I thought you said your sister was in town!

Elle❤️
She is, but she's no you!

Jamie😛
I'll be back this week, promise!

•••••••••••••••••

A few days after we arrived and settled in Toronto, Jamie was called into Dallas to do some promotional work for the team. He knew that I really wasn't up for going back to Dallas at the moment, so we decided I would just stay in Toronto with my sister, Natasha.

"Elle, I'm home!" my sister called as I heard the sounds of her keys hitting the kitchen counter. I plugged my phone into the charger and went downstairs to see her. It'd only been a little less than a two since Jamie left, but I was missing him pretty bad. "Hey, pretty lady!"

"Hey, Tasha," I greeted as she pulled me into a hug.

I hadn't had the chance to actually see her and temporarily move in until she got home from her business trip to Montreal. Now she was finally here, and I couldn't have been more exciting to talk to her.

"I swear you look prettier and prettier each time I see you," she commented, holding me back at arm's length. "Engagement looks good on you! How's Tyler? Is he running around here somewhere?"

My sister had always been and still was a rambler.

"Tasha," I said somewhat loudly to get her attention. I brought up my bare left hand so she could see.

"Oh my god, Elle," she said quietly. "What happened? Where is your ring?"

"My ring is somewhere on the floor in the Stars' arena," I replied with a small laugh, looking down as the images of Tyler and Kelly filled my brain. "He cheated on me. With ten other women."

"Holy shit! Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed, her eyes open as wide as possible.

"Sadly, I'm not," I answered with a small shrug. "I'm doing better now, really."

"Are you sure? I can't imagine this was easy for you considering the whole dad thing," she trailed off, giving me an apologetic look.

"Yes, I'm sure. I've got Jamie," I told her with a smile. Jamie really, really, needed to hurry back. I missed him. A lot.

"Oooooh, who's Jamie?" she questioned suggestively as she waggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's just my friend," I told her, but my cheeks gave me away.

"Just a friend, my ass," she teased with a smirk. "I'll get the wine, and you can tell me everything."

"I don't know if I'm ready to date yet," I explained, pushing myself up to sit on her counter. "Plus, he's Tyler's best friend. Isn't that kind of weird?"

"If you're asking for my opinion," she began as she handed a glass of wine over to me, "I think that you're looking for excuses because you're scared. I don't know much about this guy, but you like him so he has to be somewhat alright. I just think that you're so used to having doors slammed in your face that you're afraid to open a new one."

I just stared at her in silence as she raised her eyebrows at me, taking a drink out of her glass.

"Sister is always right," she told me with a wink. "Think about it. Sleep on it. This is your happiness we're talking about here."

"Enough about me," I said, waving her off. "How's Caleb?"

Caleb was her longtime boyfriend. They had been together for at least four years, and they were honestly everything I had looked up to in a relationship before I met Tyler.