Ten

April in Dallas brought heavy rains and powerful thunderstorms. It matched the building tension inside Jamie's apartment. Tyler and I had permanently moved in for the remainder of the season due to his former apartment being pretty much completely ruined.

The tension, though, was from the pressure to get the Stars into the playoffs. The season was quickly coming to a close, and they were on the cusp of the wild card spot.

Shockingly enough, the tensions between Jamie and Tyler died off, and they were back to being what I had remembered them being: best buddies. It was amazing to be able to spend time with both of them at once with all the sideways glances and passive aggressive jabs.

"I'm going to the rink," I called out to Jamie as I swiped my keys off of the counter. Jamie dashed down the stairs, sounding more like a thunderous herd than a human.

"Why?" he asked simply, scratching the back of his neck.

"To see Tyler," I replied slowly. Something was off. "You guys have a day off. I'm going to go pick him up."

"I'll go with you," Jamie blurted, eyes wide.

"Jams, what is the problem?" I questioned, my eyebrows pushing together.

"Nothing," he answered a little too quickly. "Let's go."

••••••••••••••••

Jamie was acting all kinds of jacked up as I walked towards the massage therapy room.

I realized why as soon as I opened the damn door. My heart sank before shattering into millions of broken pieces. The love of my life, naked, having sex with the massage therapist, stretched out on her own fucking table.

I couldn't do anything but stand there frozen as my world crumbled and fell around me. Tyler muttered curses under his breath while fumbling to get his jeans on. The massage therapist, that bitch Kelly, looked so nonchalant that it sent another knife jabbing into the place where my heart should've been.

I couldn't move. I was stuck there, the image burning itself in my mind. My lungs struggled to keep up, and soon enough, I could hardly even breath.

"Baby," Tyler whispered, trying to smooth my hair and calm me.

"Don't you fucking dare," I hissed, shoving him away from me. "I fucking gave up everything for you, Tyler!"

My sadness and shock was kicked out by pure anger. I couldn't get his stupid ring off my finger fast enough.

"It was an accident-" Tyler began.

"No, fuck you!" I though the ring as hard as I could. "It's no fucking accident that you ended up naked inside of her! How long has this been going on?"

"Before you even got here."

"Let me guess. More than one woman too?"

"Elle, I just-"

"Answer my fucking question," I demanded, folding my arms over my chest. "List them."

Tyler looked pained as he named off about ten women, Shay being one of them.

"I'm so sorry," he apologized, a tear sliding down his chiseled face. That beautiful face. That beautiful face that used to belong to me.

"Sorry definitely doesn't cut it this time. Good-fucking-bye, Tyler!"

I turned around and noticed Jamie, tears dripping down his cheeks too. A whole new wave of hot, burning anger washed over me.

"You! You fucking knew about this! You didn't tell me!"

"It wasn't my place, El-" I cut him off, blinded by white-hot anger. My whole life had just being ruined, and learning that he had had a part in it made the whole thing one hundred times more painful.

"Just shut up, Jamie! Get the fuck out of my way!"

I shoved him back, and stormed straight out of the building. I had to leave. I couldn't stand being there any longer. I floored it all the way to Anvil. My body was on autopilot. I couldn't think properly. All I could think about was Tyler naked with Kelly.

I wanted to forget. My lungs were on fire, my thoughts were racing, my skin was hot and sweaty, and my heart was still shattered on the floor of that massage therapy room.

I sat in the parking lot for God knows how long, pounding my fist into the door, screaming at the world, tears soaking my shirt. I felt like I was drowning as I struggled to fill my lungs with air.

My phone was a constant buzz against the side of my leg, incoming calls from the two boys that crumbled my world and stomped on my heart. I finally reached over and turned the damn thing off.

With my makeup smudged down my cheeks, I walked into the bar, still on autopilot. Apparently, my body was in the mood for some shots. After an hour of mindlessly drinking any free alcohol the bartender would give, the cloud of emotions finally lifted.

And I wanted to dance. I felt myself stumbling around the bar, probably looking like a damn fool. But did I care? Fuck no.

My stomach rebelled against the rest of my body, and I had to make a mad dash for the restrooms to get back out all that I had put in. The fake happiness high faded away as the toilet filled.

Out of nowhere, my hair was pulled back, and someone was rubbing my back, whispering words I couldn't quite understand. I rested my head on the cool toilet seat as my mystery care taker continued to run my back.

"Wait a second," I mumbled, feeling my consciousness slowly slipping away. "If you're a dude, how'd they let you in the women's bathroom?"

The guy chuckled and pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

"They'll let me do anything if I'm in love, Eleanor."

I didn't know who in the hell this guy was, or what kind of poetic words he was saying, or how in the hell he knew my name, but I do remember thinking that whoever he was in love with, must be one extremely lucky girl.