3rd Shot: The Bow-Crafting Team

Thankfully the weather was clear–bright blue sky was all he saw, accompanied by fluffy clouds moving slowly to where the wind took them. With this condition, everything would work according to the schedule they set today.

"Ukyo-san, good morning." [First Name] greeted.

From her foreign footsteps alone, Ukyo knew she was approaching even if he didn't avert his gaze. He memorized different types of footsteps from different types of people–since [First Name] still considered as a new person, it's up to him to start getting used to a new and lighter footstep.

"Good morning," he greeted back. She smiled in return.

"Are we ready for the day? It will take a while, are you sure you want to go? I heard from Tsukasa-san you have patrol duty."

Ukyo nodded. "He already has someone to replace me since he knew I'm going to go with you today."

[First Name] sighed in relief, some tension gone from her shoulders. "That's a relief then. I don't want to be a bother."

"You're hardly a bother."

Then the two waited for a certain young man with brawns, basking under the warm morning light as they did. Every time Ukyo took a breath, he could feel how pure and fresh the crisp morning air entering his lungs–a completely different thing in their previous world. People usually went trailing or hiking to earn it because the city's air was too polluted. Now, they could enjoy it in its purest form.

When all humans petrified and leaving all the civilization behind, Mother Earth repaired herself from the catastrophe made by them–healing herself to her previous glory where everything is at balance.

"Sorry for the wait!" Taiju's loud but energetic call was a signal for them to start their activity for the day. "Tsukasa told me you need some wood to make bow and arrows! I bring my tools, so just choose which tree and I'll bring it down for you!"

Sometimes, Ukyo wondered where did Taiju get that endless stamina from until he made chopping a whole tree seemed like an everyday thing.

"Actually, Taiju-san, I thought we can do some exploring for a bit." [First Name] suggested.

"Sure! What should we do?"

"Could you hoist me up the tree over here?" She gestured for a tall tree grew not far away from them which easily towers the rest of the greens surrounding it. "I'll launch myself to the top with your palm."

"Will you be okay? It's quite dangerous." Ukyo asked, cranking his neck to see how far the tree goes. The height was no laughing matter, if she were to slip, it would be a fatal thing.

"I'll be alright. Besides, it's better to scout for materials in high places."

Taiju did as she requested while Ukyo just stood by to take a watch below. With a grunt, Taiju propelled [First Name] catapulting straight up. Instantly, she grabbed on the branch and swung herself upwards to the next higher branch, sometimes she jumped if the branch was in her reach. While Ukyo was stunned in his place, eyes never leaving her form until she stopped way at the top–where his eyes couldn't even clearly see her figure.

Taiju gaped in awe. "Amazing! I don't know she can move like that!"

More than meets the eye–the idiom was the only thing Ukyo could say to describe it.

"Do you find anything?" Taiju then asked, cupping his mouth to amplified his already booming voice.

"Yes!" [First Name] heard it, undoubtedly and immediately replied. Ukyo's ears caught her words clearly. "There's the right tree I'm looking for, maybe only a kilometer from here! We'll go there!"