10th Shot: Final Battle

Kingdom of Science began making their way towards the cave of miracles by foot, accompanying the tank which moved smoothly even with the tires made from wood. Meanwhile, [First Name] led them to what she considered a desirable place to park and lay low before they began their ambush. She insisted it would be better if she stayed up, for both a clearer view and also a form of lookout in case some of Tsukasa's men were out in the woods.

Senku watched her swinging from branch to branch with ease, sometimes disappearing behind thick canopy accompanied with rustlings before popping up to the other tree further. Soon she halted to stop on one of the sturdy branches–where he noticed another figure already waiting for them there by standing on it.

It was a young man dressed in yellow shirt with high neck and short sleeves that reached his elbows, furs tied around his waist, legs clad in long greyish pans, and feet wearing orange shoes. He wore a hat with the same color as his shirt, a quiver and a bow smaller size than [First Name]'s over his shoulder.

By the bow and quiver alone, Senku instantly recognized him as Ukyo–a person with crazy hearing Nikki mentioned, also the person who tore their impersonation with only the slightest mistake. Currently, he's also their ally by the deal they've come to agree.

When he noticed the Kingdom of Science, he smiled as a form of greeting–however, when he noticed [First Name] on her way to approached him, Senku witnessed another form a smile he gave her. Once, his partner landed on the branch he stood on, he immediately patted her shoulder and saying something Senku couldn't comprehend from how far they were. She replied him with a smile of her own, something he assumed only being given to Ukyo–it radiated differently than the one she showed them.

What Senku knew, their interaction just reduced the entire Kingdom of Science as background characters at the moment.

"What's with them?" he deadpanned, knowing Gen would gave him an answer.

The mentalist laughed nervously. "Did I mention that they're really, really close? This wasn't the first time they acted like... that. It happens to me when [First Name]-chan treated my wounds. They don't do anything at all, but you'll feel like you're interrupting their time together."

By 'that' meaning they practically oozed those disgusting couple things Senku had seen way back in their modern time. Relationship in this stone world? It sounds like disaster.

"I think they're lovely," Kohaku commented, arms crossing over her chest as she watched the interaction with approval.

Senku scoffed. "Something we ten billion percent won't need at the moment."

"Why must the pretty ladies already have someone?" Ginro whined.

.

.

Then they assessed the situation based on real time–hiding quite far away from the cave and opening field, they observed it. The place was heavily guarded by a lot intimidating men with bulky figure, Senku knew this from the start, he was expecting it. Tsukasa wouldn't want to take any risks about the precious source being compromised. For Senku, it's been roughly two years since he went there–the place where everything started.

"That's where we get the stuff from bat guano," Chrome remarked.

"Nitric acid." Senku finished, smirking.

It only took a few minutes of observation before they returned to the group–preparing for the frontal assault. The scientist noticed the two archers were absent at the moment, however he didn't worry the slightest bit. Ukyo wasn't a man who would ditch on the he's made, especially when that deal involved the faith of humanity and his trusted partner.