7th Shot: The Call from The 'Dead'

Fyi: I already have the draft until chapter 13. I swear it's getting longer in every chapter I wrote... by the way, thank you for the 42 votes and 399 reads! I can't believe I have received that many, you guys are too kind! TvT

I hope you enjoy this one!

________________________________________________________________________________

Time flew by and seasons changed–once grueling hot weather turned into slightly colder one, accompanied by trees in orange, yellow, and red from their previous greenery. Cold winds flew by, which means they needed warmer clothes than their previous thin ones. Autumn is also a season for harvest–shifts were rolled out to hunt and gather food supplies. A preparation is needed to face the grueling next four months of nothingness.

Once autumn ended, the first snow day for them in this stone world came–signaling that winter has arrived. It didn't take long for ground to be blanketed in white, trees to lose their leaves in order to survive and decorated with icicles, wild animals were nowhere to be found, rivers and water sources has frozen surface.

[First Name] exhaled slowly, watching as her warm breath clashed with the coldness of the air–morphing into white cloud. Japan is a country of four seasons, handling winter was far easier in the modern times with heaters and all. Worry nagged her mind–everything became nonexistent in this stone world and all they could depend on to stay warm are coats and bonfires. Will they be able to survive until spring?

"I hope we stocked many firewood." she muttered to no one in particular. "If we chopped wood at this temperature, it will take long for it to burn because of too much moisture it held."

No wood means no fire, no fire means probability of freezing to death.

"[First Name]-chan!!" she could recognize that familiar call anywhere. Turning her head to look over her shoulder, she gave a certain brunette who jogged towards her a warm smile.

"Yuzuriha-san, is there something you need?"

She giggled in glee before putting something on [First Name]'s head gently. It felt fuzzy, soft, and covered her ears. "Ear muffs?"

"Your ears are so red from cold, [First Name]-chan, so I thought ear muffs can help. Especially you and Ukyo-kun go patrolling often." Yuzuriha explained.

The [Hair Color]-haired young woman smiled gratefully. "Thank you so much, Yuzuriha-san. I feel warmer now, thanks to your ear muffs."

"No problem! By the way, what about your coat? Is it comfortable?"

"It's perfect!" [First Name] exclaimed, twirling slightly–fawning over the thick coat with fur edges she wore currently. It stopped above her knees. "I love it! And it even has a hoodie. Much appreciated."

"I'm glad you like it! Designing it was so much fun too! I wish I could make it more stylish but we don't have any materials." she sighed dejectedly, mulling over how everything was limited in this stone world–including her desires to create more fashionable clothes to wear.

[First Name] laughed nervously. "We are in a stone world after all..."

Yuzuriha's company was the epitome of fresh air–having someone with a gender as same as yours was a blessing. There are some topics that couldn't be discussed with man because it was too personal–imagining herself talking about... womanly needs with Ukyo sent chill crawling down her spine. No, too embarrassing, [First Name] rather die.

Spending time with Yuzuriha was so much fun. The girl was really kind and caring, it's almost impossible to ever dislike an angel like her. The brunette is her one and only female friend–she couldn't even get close to Nikki because she seemed to always glare daggers at her when she tried to approach. Minami is also out of option because the older woman is always fawning about Tsukasa.