25th Shot: First Contact

I don't have anything to say besides I'M SO SORRY I'VE BEEN NEGLECTING THIS STORY FOR 10 MONTHS.

Writing this became really difficult since Dr. STONE ended and I'm rusty from not writing in decades. But thankfully I managed to finish this one (Fujifabric's Rakuen definitely helped me bring back the ideas and spirit to continue this).

I don't know when I will be able to come up with the next chapter but I'm going to assure you that I won't abandon this fic. Dr. STONE, Ukyo, and Senku have really special place in my heart.

See you in the next chapter, and thank you for sticking up with me for so long! It's an honor! 

And  THANK YOU FOR THE 117K READS AND 6K+ FAVORITES!! I really can't believe we reached this milestone, it's all thanks to your love for this story! Thank you so much!!

***

Seeing Suika talked to a boar as if it's a human was entertaining and clearly reflected her genuine kindness to any living being. The little girl didn't hesitate to explained the situation in a short version to the said boar which, amazingly, seemed to completely understood every word.

Thank goodness they were already at the right place at the right time–by right meaning their adrenaline was instantly kicking and they still have some energy to spend in order to bolt towards a certain direction [First Name] had pointed out. Francois and Suika were standing near the river, on the rocky part only a few steps away from the first contact of water. If someone were to wash an animal carcass after hunts, then this place was more than suitable–the flow of water is perfect to wash all the mud and blood away in just a few dips.

The prestigious butler was already strapping down the boar onto the table, missing even a few seconds could lead them to devastation because Francois might've butchered it for their long-lasting food supply. If that happened, they could kiss their only hope in finding Sagara Oil Field goodbye.

Francois, being a person who needs perfection in every aspect, unknowingly gave them some advantage from his unexpected delay in preparation. So, naturally, any form of oddity in or on the ingredients would be questioned–such as the peculiar scent of oil wafting from the boar.

"Suika wants you to take everyone there. To the place you played in the mud," the little girl remarked, trying to make her sentence as clear and as simple as possible for the boar. "To where the black jewel, to where the oil is!"

Understanding her words, the animal huffed and proceed to ran into a certain direction–a signal for them to followed it. And with that, their short break was cut off with another running spree–this time, they didn't have time to feel tired because adrenaline was kicking in from the excitement of finally discovering their most prized resource.

"Shit, you tamed it so freakin' quickly!" Chrome exclaimed between his breaths as they ran through the bushes and lush greeneries.

"Thank you, Sagara!" Suika cheered, in glee because the boar immediately took an understanding at her request.

"Sagara?" Kohaku questioned after hearing the unfamiliar name. "You named that boar?"

"It's food, you know." Senku commented, kind of reminding the possibilities of it being cooked as their preserved meal soon after they get their hands on the location. That sorts of attachment would be quite... burdening (Senku has less capabilities in describing it the more humane way), this sudden turn out event was only a short delay of what's coming.

"To become friends, Suika first has to give it a name!" It makes sense in some strange way because calling it 'boar' every time sounded quite uncomfortable in repetition.