21st Shot: If There Isn't Any Bread, Let Them Make It from Wheat

Author's Note: I hope you could read this before reading the story. A week before my family just got scammed and we lost quite a lot from it. Both of my parents are stressed and feeling disappointed of themselves about it. I really want to help them by making some income through my stories even though it's not a lot. If you could, you could buy me ko-fi (the link is in my bio). it will help a lot.

And also thank you so much for the love this story received! It couldn't be done without you! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

***

P.S: I'm rather disappointed with this chapter since it seemed too rushed, I will edited it in the future so please wait for it!

***

At first, human hunted to fulfill their daily needs for the sake of survival–that's why they often moved from one area to another because of the lack of food there as a result from their constant hunting. They completely relied on nature for every aspect of their life, even for the primary consumption.

That's also how life works in their newest stone age–they reverted back to what they were once before; hunters of the wild. Every one of them hunted before, it's quite an essential skill to have in a new world where everything is limited and the only thing you can rely on is survival skills. The priorities changed.

However, the hunting age was over and now replaced by the agricultural revolution thanks to the expedition they went through from both land and skies alike.

Discovering wheat meant they could increase or even doubled their supply of food and finally stepped into the era of agricultural–when the villagers were used to hunt and took their ingredients fresh from nature, now the era of growing your own food was finally here! A great revolution where they didn't have to worry about any food shortage in the future.

The moment human could grow their own ingredients, they didn't have to move often and stayed permanently in a single place–taking care of their growing corps until it's ripe enough to be harvest. Harvest is equal to storing ingredients and made sure you're not going to work hard to gather them–instead, you work hard to store and processed them. Through labor, you earn more and learn to appreciate more.

In the end, human's wisdom also changed their lifestyle for millions of years.

And this was an enormous discovery for the Kingdom of Science–finding wheat also meant they could have storable food that could lasts for months; bread. With bread in their hand, they're ready to set sail across the globe with hunger became the least of their worries while they're out in the open sea.

Sure they could fish whatever passed by in the water, however they are sure nobody had anymore energy to do so since most of them would have their own station in managing the ship. Changing shifts is the most possible, but neither one of them is eager to sacrifice sleep after a whole day of grueling work upon the deck.

"The King of Storable food, we're makin' bread!" Senku announced, extremely thrilled with their newest ingredient they got. "As the saying goes, if the people have no bread, then let them make it from wheat!"

Now, they're on their way to test the wheat–all of them gathered around the coastline to harvest the golden grains and proceeded to brought them back to the village. Bundles of ripe plants were tied securely so none of them would fall off to waste and stacked on one another so it could be easily carried.

"In the search for what generated the flash of petrification, we're setting forth on a journey in the great age of sail! Which means, we're going to need a huuuge amount of storable food! And we'll never get there if we don't have bread!"