29th Shot: Dawn of a Photo Journal

Note: this is the last chapter happened before the Christmas Shot, the next one is going to move forward according to plot. Since Valentine's Day is still quite far away, I'm going to post an early Valentine special chapter. And since the photo journal has several sequences, I was wondering if you guys want to have stories behind it. What do you think?

***

Kohaku had super eyes for many purposes–and in many events passed, it's proven to be incredibly useful and gave her more advantages than she hoped for.

In the dawn of Stone Wars, she took it as her job to keep an eye on Homura who's constantly scouting the village per Hyoga's order. Even though the gymnast watched from afar and blended into the canopy, Kohaku's 20/1.8 vision successfully sniffed her out more ways to count. During their seemingly endless journey in finding Sagara Oil Field with Ukyo and Chrome, her eyes lead them towards the line of huge waterfalls after the sonarman heard it through his ears. Both she and [First Name] confirmed the tiny black smudge on in their aerial photograph as the said field, spiking up their chances in finding it more than a notch.

Of course, it included observing her surroundings down to the smallest thing, catching concrete details on site. There's always something new she found, new information to store inside her head in hope it could become useful in the future. Although some of that information wasn't something truly needed for survival nor attaining a secure spot as a victor in combat. Still, Kohaku absorbed everything she could.

One of them was, as she once mentioned before, Ukyo and [First Name]'s peculiar unnamed relationship.

There's an apparent difference between them and soon-to-be significant-others swimming their way to the real deal existed in their kingdom. Taiju and Yuzuriha would immediately jump into a more serious level if one of them successfully broke through the boundary. Kohaku definitely handed her bet on Taiju, especially after hearing Senku explained how the brunette always been awake inside his stone prison based on only sheer will of wishing to confess to his high school sweetheart.

Tsukasa dan Minami didn't have any visible progress whatsoever, however it was as clear as day that the reporter held something more than companionship for their Strongest High School Primate. She's also who's the most heartbroken when Tsukasa succumbed to his cold sleep next to Mirai.

Meanwhile, Chrome and Ruri were the main source of frustration that threaten to dye Kohaku's hair white before she reaches her mid-ages. Particularly Chrome–it was beyond Kohaku on how someone could have skull so thick any sorts of affection from both sides just flew by, not even a speck registered through his mind. Although, his obliviousness drove Kohaku towards insanity, she knew all of Chrome's feelings were pure and straightforward–could be seen on how he dedicated his life to research and do everything he could to heal Ruri from her illness.

Kohaku approved Chrome that much, even though she's itching to smack some sense to him every day. Her dearest, sweetest sister was a shy being since day one, but on some days she managed to gather all her courage to deliver her feelings through words–only to have it interrupted at every chance.

Basically, the world was cruel.

Kohaku didn't even have any comment on Hyoga and Homura's side. The pink haired girl crazily respected and admired said white haired man–that's all about it, previous circumstances already announced it loud and clear. She mostly did her work per Hyoga's order even as far as on her way to end both Senku and Tsukasa once and for all. Shuddering, Kohaku decided to not mull about those two along with their bizarre, one-sided 'relationship' even further.

If that thing between them could be considered as a relationship.

Then there's another source of her mixed feelings of confusion and admiration–which was Ukyo and [First Name]. So far, both were the closest thing near the term 'significant others'. Extremely near, maybe only at an arm's length at best yet they refused to take a step forward. Stagnant for maybe various unspeakable reasons. As much as Kohaku wished they went passed whatever phase they're currently in, she had no rights to pressure nor force them.